Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my PFADT's today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:10 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Default Got my PFADT's today...

Can't wait to get them installed this weekend... Who else is running them? Thinking of setting them @ 6(front) 8(rear) for the street... will go from there.. any comments appreciated... (pertaining to thread)
Old 05-04-2010, 07:23 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

seriously, for the street, I would have those suckers as cushy as they went. dial up at track.

Look good. I need some. Do you have a link? Are the dual adjustable?

Nevermind, I just looked at them. Is this the new hotness? why did you choose these over others... I'm in the chosing process myself.

I want something vastly superior to the z06 sus. stuff that I have installed now.

Last edited by 2000BSME; 05-04-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:30 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Full soft for the street.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

I certainly did my homework... I actually rode with a guy running the LGG2's... Very nice product in every aspect! However, i also rode with a guy running the PFADT's...( both times on the street) just to clarify. I really could not tell any difference.. both cars rode/handled SWEET like they were in rails.. NO wheel hop @ all... took both cars on service roads going underneath overpasses from north to south then hitting int hard in the turn, then entering freeway... WOW!! I was sold... Price was also a factor... which i would be happy to share via PM...
It is public knowledge if you "search" long enough and in the right places..

So, tell me what you would set yours @ for the street...? I am going to lower my car in the front/rear to reflect how the front sits in the pic.

the rear is too high for my taste...

thanks for the comments.. i appreciate the feedback...

Originally Posted by 2000BSME
seriously, for the street, I would have those suckers as cushy as they went. dial up at track.

Look good. I need some. Do you have a link? Are the dual adjustable?

Nevermind, I just looked at them. Is this the new hotness? why did you choose these over others... I'm in the chosing process myself.

I want something vastly superior to the z06 sus. stuff that I have installed now.

Last edited by TXGS507; 05-04-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

your car looks great! I will have to take me a pic of mine @ Motorsports Ranch when i get around to tracking it... In the process of adding AFR's, cam, pulley, supporting mod's... I CAN'T WAIT to wake this car up from the sleepy state it is in...

I will be adding the "pfatty" sways @ some point...

Originally Posted by C6-CYa
Mine's not a daily driver so I have them set almost to the stiffest. I had to drill two holes in the rear cargo area, under the carpet, so that I can adjust them without getting underneath. My Pfadts work great with their sway bars!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:18 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
your car looks great! I will have to take me a pic of mine @ Motorsports Ranch when i get around to tracking it... In the process of adding AFR's, cam, pulley, supporting mod's... I CAN'T WAIT to wake this car up from the sleepy state it is in...

I will be adding the "pfatty" sways @ some point...
I'm guessing you have no track experience yet? So you having nothing to judge them against in a racecourse experience? Reason I ask is because I really wanna do my research and end up with exactly what is right for me. So far my criteria have been upgrading from the stock vette suspension to z06 suspension because I absolutely couldn't hang with some low power m3's in the twisty mountain roads of Tennessee.

After we all (three of us) figured out tracking was superior to going fast on public mountain roads, and a couple years of growing into my ought6 suspension, it has become apparent that coilover vettes, and t1 vettes have a big advantage over me at the track. Hence my desire to push up the suspension envelope.

I was just curious in your 'path' to the Pfadt's.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:28 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

You would be correct sir...
I have NO experience on the track whatsoever... I based my decision on riding with two different guys running both the GT2's, PFADT's... they felt very similar "on the street".. for me, the PFADTS were more in my price range as i am currently compiling components for my motor build.

IMO... you can't go wrong with either...

you are right to do research... i know i did... I am a knee jerk reaction kind of guy... I liked the PFADT's,,, so i bought em...

GL..... I will be selling my leaf springs, shocks from my Z06 if interested.. just sayin...

I'm guessing you have no track experience yet? So you having nothing to judge them against in a racecourse experience? Reason I ask is because I really wanna do my research and end up with exactly what is right for me. So far my criteria have been upgrading from the stock vette suspension to z06 suspension because I absolutely couldn't hang with some low power m3's in the twisty mountain roads of Tennessee.

After we all (three of us) figured out tracking was superior to going fast on public mountain roads, and a couple years of growing into my ought6 suspension, it has become apparent that coilover vettes, and t1 vettes have a big advantage over me at the track. Hence my desire to push up the suspension envelope.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Probably the only difference that you would feel between the 2 coilover setups is the spring rate, which you can change anyway. I don't think coilover vettes have any advantage over leaf spring setups with good shocks. However, I like coilovers because you can change springs cheaply if you want and they are easier to work around than the leaf springs. You probably won't be able to hang with T1 vettes (even if you are an equal driver) because you have a convertible with an auto tranny. They have caged lightweight beasts with close to 400 rwhp that are going to handle better with a stiffer chassis and a well designed package.

BTW both the pfadt and GT2 coilovers are adjustable for height by turning the lower shock mount on the shock. The LG G2 coilovers can only be adjusted for height by compressing the spring.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Rob P
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am running the pfadt coilovers with T1 bars and the car handles unbelievably.
I have them set pretty stiff, 11 front 10 rear.

I found coming from the leaf spring, you don't have any after jiggle on bumps, the independant suspension feels softer and more precise. I will be testing them on the track in the next month but so far the car is far superior than the stock suspension.

I recommend the pfadts
Old 05-07-2010, 11:36 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Mine are going on tomorrow... Will have it aligned Monday.. Will track it next weekend...
Old 05-08-2010, 02:55 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by redtopz
Probably the only difference that you would feel between the 2 coilover setups is the spring rate, which you can change anyway. I don't think coilover vettes have any advantage over leaf spring setups with good shocks. However, I like coilovers because you can change springs cheaply if you want and they are easier to work around than the leaf springs. You probably won't be able to hang with T1 vettes (even if you are an equal driver) because you have a convertible with an auto tranny. They have caged lightweight beasts with close to 400 rwhp that are going to handle better with a stiffer chassis and a well designed package.

BTW both the pfadt and GT2 coilovers are adjustable for height by turning the lower shock mount on the shock. The LG G2 coilovers can only be adjusted for height by compressing the spring.
Oh yeah I'm not expecting to be anywhere near T1 level, as I think those cars are doing 1:30's around my track, and I'm right at 1:44. I'm just trying to squeeze out the performance I've seen a basically well driven stock '04 z do, about 1:41ish.

I halfway feel I may be able to live with just a Pfadt sway bar for the roll resistance, but then I wonder if I don't want the car more stiffly sprung too. Thanks for your opinion.

About using an auto tranny, it is fun and challenging in it's own way, but also aggravating, because the stock recirc/cooling pump doesn't really seem to flow enough oil to allow adequate cooling, regardless of cooler size. If I ruin another auto tranny, I'm probably going to bore open the pump inlet/outlet, or something else to correct this problem. Anyway, that's another thread, and I'm not trying to hijack this one.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I run 8 on all corners with Pfatty bars set neutral. This is fine on the street stiff not harsh. Sorry to say these are going to give you wrinkles on your face from smiling so much when you go thru the ramps plus they will also remind you how crappy stock seats really are.

Get notified of new replies

To Got my PFADT's today...

Quick Reply: Got my PFADT's today...