Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pocono North PCA HPDE May 14*, 15-16 Who's Going? Spots Still Available

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pocono North PCA HPDE May 14*, 15-16 Who's Going? Spots Still Available

Riesentoter Region PCA still has spots available in all run-groups for May 14th (advanced drivers only) & 15-16 for all skill levels and all marques. The green and blue groups tend to fill up quickly.

Anyone going?

There are normally a half-dozen or so Corvettes and we'd love to have more. Keith (ZenaK) and Steve (SLandstra) can attest that it's a good group of folks, great instructors for those in the green and blue groups, and Friday for advanced drivers will be tons of track time with long sessions of 45min to 1hr (basically open track).

Hope to see you there!

Registration is handled through Motorsportreg;
www.rtr-pca.motorsportreg.com

For more info or to download the tech form:
www.rtr-pca.org

If you're an advanced driver or instructor and haven't run with PCA befofre, you might need to discuss your qualifications with the track chair or the registrar.
Track Chair: track@rtr-pca.org
Registrar: rtrreg@rtr-pca.org
Old 04-28-2010, 07:28 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Buehler? Anybody?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may sign up for one day, depending on how things go in the next couple of weeks (new baby due next week). I am however doing the 2-day NJMP event with PCA tomorrow & Friday. tried to get Keith to join the fun but he was being a sissy. You should sign up if you have the free time, reg is already closed but I'm sure you can still get in if you talk to the right people. its only $260 for both days.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 AM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

I'm going to be there driving on the advanced day. It's also a training day for evaluating new instructors. I'm signed up to instruct only on Saturday and Sunday.

As Jim says, PCA puts on great events. Come on out and have same fun...

Steve
Old 04-28-2010, 12:45 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

How many sessions per day on Sat/Sun? How long are the sessions?
Not sure if my C5 will be ready for the track, but I would like to go in my S2k.

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
How many sessions per day on Sat/Sun? How long are the sessions?
Not sure if my C5 will be ready for the track, but I would like to go in my S2k.

Thanks.
Typically two morning sessions and two afternoon sessions per day, normally 20min sessions, but last event we combined red/black and bumped sessions to ~ 30mins. A little tougher to do at Pocono since it's a short track, so 5 20 minute sessions most likely. S2K is a great car! Hope you can make it!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:52 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AlwaysInBoost
I may sign up for one day, depending on how things go in the next couple of weeks (new baby due next week). I am however doing the 2-day NJMP event with PCA tomorrow & Friday. tried to get Keith to join the fun but he was being a sissy. You should sign up if you have the free time, reg is already closed but I'm sure you can still get in if you talk to the right people. its only $260 for both days.
I guess I'm a sissy too then.
It's tough to get away in the middle of the week since my "corporate sponsor" aka employer expects me to spend some time at work.
Hope you can make it, and we won't make any comments about your manhood if you don't since you've got the new addition coming. Congrats!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Jim of Course I will be there, and if it's a consolation prize to anyone my "Hood Ornament" will once again be driving in the GREEN newbie group. Except I have to mention she passed about 50% of the intermediate Blue group on the 3rd day combine run sessions. Feel free to come as long as you don't mind being out driven by a girl :-)
Old 05-02-2010, 08:25 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zenak
Jim of Course I will be there, and if it's a consolation prize to anyone my "Hood Ornament" will once again be driving in the GREEN newbie group. Except I have to mention she passed about 50% of the intermediate Blue group on the 3rd day combine run sessions. Feel free to come as long as you don't mind being out driven by a girl :-)
I'm thinking she's not going to be in the green group for very long.
I still think this is going to cost you a new car before it's over.

It looks like the green group is close to filling up, but still a little room left in blue. White & Black still have room all three days.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Good seeing ya at tech Jim how long were ya all there. Jenny doing the SCCA Autox school today! She's an addict
Old 05-02-2010, 06:53 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zenak
Good seeing ya at tech Jim how long were ya all there. Jenny doing the SCCA Autox school today! She's an addict
Finished around 1pm I think. It could have been worse though. One 911 came in that was a disaster. We tied a lift up for more than an hour just to fail it.

Maybe Jenny can teach me to AutoX. I've been giving serious thought to using the Boxster for an AutoX car. You have one right?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Drew M
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SLandstra_Z06
As Jim says, PCA puts on great events. Come on out and have same fun...

Steve
I'll be at lime rock for the pro-it race, but for the future, do they allow cars like mine?

v
v

Last edited by Drew M; 05-02-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:32 AM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Originally Posted by Drew M
I'll be at lime rock for the pro-it race, but for the future, do they allow cars like mine?

v
v

Sure, no problem with track cars with full cages, etc...

Steve
Old 05-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Drew M
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SLandstra_Z06
Sure, no problem with track cars with full cages, etc...

Steve
oh good. I could use extra track time.
thanks
Old 05-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JimbeauZ06
Finished around 1pm I think. It could have been worse though. One 911 came in that was a disaster. We tied a lift up for more than an hour just to fail it.

Maybe Jenny can teach me to AutoX. I've been giving serious thought to using the Boxster for an AutoX car. You have one right?
The 1999 Boxster is just for sunny top down days. i dont need to track it until it plumes smoke on shifts or has an IMS bearing failure :-P
Old 05-06-2010, 09:06 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

I'm in! They kindly made space for me.
Blue group.
$250 for 2 days is a great deal as well, in case anyone is thinking of attending some future events. NASA, at Lime Rock last weekend, was $270 for 1 day.
This will be the first track day for my C5 (sole purpose = track, and transportation to/from), which I just got last Sunday.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:44 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
I'm in! They kindly made space for me.
Blue group.
$250 for 2 days is a great deal as well, in case anyone is thinking of attending some future events. NASA, at Lime Rock last weekend, was $270 for 1 day.
This will be the first track day for my C5 (sole purpose = track, and transportation to/from), which I just got last Sunday.
Glad you can make it! You're gonna love the Vette!!
Look us up when you get there on Saturday and we'll point you in the right direction for registration, tech, classroom etc.

Don't forget to have your car teched and the form filled out before you get there.

Get notified of new replies

To Pocono North PCA HPDE May 14*, 15-16 Who's Going? Spots Still Available

Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

This event was super. I had a great instructor and the event was very well run. Definitely worth making the effort to get to a Riesentoter event.
Jimbeau and Zenak were super helpful as well. Lots of vettes at this event, with a couple fast ones driven by women.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 AM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Ben, sorry we didn't get a chance to talk until Sunday. Jimbeau and Zenak are great guys. Alway fun to run with them. My girfriend, Lainey was driving my C6 Z06 for a few sessions on Sunday and loving it compared to her Porsche Caymen S... Keith's wife was also driving his red C5. It's great having the ladies on track, taking names and kicking butt...

Steve
Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 PM
wally w
Heel & Toe

Hi Guy's, Just joined the Forum today. Riesentoter PCA is a Vette friendly organization. We now have a few Vette drivers that are instructors and the number is growing. Registration opens two months before the event and usually fills fast. Check on motorsports.reg for our schedule and opening dates.

wally

Quick Reply: Pocono North PCA HPDE May 14*, 15-16 Who's Going? Spots Still Available