Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 seat belt locking question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 PM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default C5 seat belt locking question

Posted in C5 general but never got an answer.

I know you can lock the seat belt by pulling the belt all the way out then latching, then moving you seat forward just a little to tighten it up some more. Yes it works for the lap belt but I can't get the shoulder belt to lock the same way. I know the shoulder belt locks since it does lock right when I want to look over my left shoulder while merging onto a freeway but not when I want to manualy lock it. Thoughts?

BTW finally installed a BK harness bar and a 6-pt harness but don't want running the harness on the street.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:06 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

As far as I know the shoulder belt won't lock manually.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

The shoulder belt will lock once you make a quick move with the car. Both my 97 and 03 had driver's side shoulder belts that would lock as soon as there was some quick acceleration. If I gave the car a little squirt of throttle as I drove away from the garages the shoulder belt would lock. The passenger shoulder belt wouldn't lock that way.

I always moved the seat forward a lot to get the lap belt as tight as I could stand it. That pushes the butt down in the seat and that part of the body will not move around under hard cornering.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To C5 seat belt locking question

Quick Reply: C5 seat belt locking question