Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cooling hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:37 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default cooling hoses?

Does anyone know what size inlet/outlet the LS water pumps and radiators are considered? On my C5 the water pump measures 1.3" (34mm) on the outlet and 1.6 (40mm) on the inlet. The radiator has both inlet and outlet at 1.3" and the lower hose steps up in size at the water pump/thermostat housing to match. Those are not common sizes for pre-bent tubing or silicone hose ends. I'm building a custom radiator that I'm trying to keep as generic as possible in terms of mounting and I'm dual passing it so I need to build custom hoses and cannot find any silicone hoses or aluminum tubing in those sizes. All I need to do is match the water pump sizes to make it easy. I'd rather go 1.5" top and 1.75" bottom like all older V8's to make it easy, but the stock pump does not lend itself well to welding on new inlet/outlet simply because I cannot figure out how to completely disassemble it to prevent any heat damage from the welding.
thanks,
-V

Quick Reply: cooling hoses?