Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDX/Club Trial - Summit Point Shenandoah Ckt - May 1-2 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:10 AM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PDX/Club Trial - Summit Point Shenandoah Ckt - May 1-2 2010

WDCR SCCA is hosting a PDX and Club Trial event on May 1st and 2nd on the Shenandoah Circuit at Summit Point Motorsports Park.

May 1st will be PDX only. May 2nd will be PDX and Club Trial. For those not familiar with the absolutely unmarketable SCCA naming, PDX is our name for "HPDE" type events - classroom time, in-car instruction, etc. Club Trials are the next rung up the ladder, gaining timed runs in a time-attack like format. Club Trials permits most street cars, as well as Autocross (SSC Solo) and GCR-prepped cars.

Our main event page is at http://pdx.wdcr-scca.org

Cost for our events on the Shenandoah are as follows:

PDX (Saturday only) - $225
PDX (Sunday only ) - $125
PDX (Sat and Sun) - $350
Club Trials (Sunday only) - $185
Club Trials and Sunday PDX - $275
Club Trials and 2-day PDX - $375

Note that this year we will be going a total of 2 events on the Shenandoah, and two more (PDX + Track Trials) on the Summit Point Circuit (main).

If you want to come out and flag, we also have a "work 3 get one free" program - that means that with our 2-day events, you can work a weekend and a half and earn a free PDX or Trial entry.

PM me or post here if you have any questions!

--travis

Last edited by TravisD; 04-17-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:09 PM
aspeters
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Travis...are you still running the C4?

I havent been to AX in a while but used to run a DS then STS celica...blue #18. Upgraded to a mostly stock '92 LT1 last year.

Can you explain the different run colors/groups again, in terms of experience? I'm running in HPDE3 w/ NASA now, which is considered intermediate/adv and solo.

Although, I wouldnt mind you riding shotgun for a session for some tips..

-Andy
Old 04-16-2010, 01:21 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Andy, yup- still have the C4, though at this point I haven't gotten the guts to put it back on track after losing the motor in '07. I have finally gotten back into autocrossing though. I might try and get out in the Corvette some this year if I can squeeze a session or two in, and logistically get the car there. With working the events, getting supplies, Wife, and occasionally the Dogs up there takes priority, and I don't have a tow vehicle.

We run 3 groups - beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Advanced is generally all folks signed off for Solo, though we will assign an instructor upon request. Intermediate is a mixture - there are instructors assigned here, but we will sign people of to solo in this group.

Personally, I don't instruct - that's probably a good thing I tend to fulfill many other roles though at the events including Chief Steward (the guy who can black flag you), Safety Steward (can also have you black flagged, then have a chat with you when you come in) as well as Chief of Timing for the Trials portions. Oh yeah, I've been known to hand out lunch tickets too - that's when I'm most popular it seems.

Colors - I don't want to mis-spoke, but I think at the moment we're using white, yellow, and blue -- this is do to an anomaly where out Grid Chief is Red-green coloblind, and requested that we not use both red and green (Seriously, this is why). We do use Red for the instructor group too..

If you have an HPDE "resume" then the best thing is to make sure that you note all of this when you enter so that the Chief Instructor can properly place you. Type and # of events, and maybe even drop the name of an instructor or two can't hurt.

For *trials (Club, Track) we do require an AMB transponder - they're available for rent from OG if folks don't have one.

Last edited by TravisD; 04-16-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:39 PM
JiminVirginia
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in. Thanks Travis.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

linky no workry
Old 04-17-2010, 08:47 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Thanks Joe - Link fixed. That's what I get for cut-n-paste from my original post on another forum...
Old 04-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TravisD
Thanks Joe - Link fixed. That's what I get for cut-n-paste from my original post on another forum...
cool, thanks! i havent done any time trials for a few years, would be fun to do it again, if possible

Get notified of new replies

To PDX/Club Trial - Summit Point Shenandoah Ckt - May 1-2 2010

Quick Reply: PDX/Club Trial - Summit Point Shenandoah Ckt - May 1-2 2010