Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline Time Attack Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 06:14 PM
m20w20
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redline Time Attack Anyone?

Would anyone else be interested in attending the red Line Time Attack event when it comes to Buttonwillow CA. I believe the date is march 26-28. I have never been, but it sounds like fun? If anyone has been before your advice/experience would be welcome. I am not trying to participate, just go watch. We gotta root for the vettes! The race looks pretty cool check out their site. http://redlinetimeattack.com
Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 PM
honeybadger
3rd Gear

I'm going to be in the Buttonwillow event, seemed like a good deal for cheap track time.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Its a great time, and I promise you, you'll see some really quick cars. I used to drive the PTuning Scion Tc and these were really fun events. This year I'll make it to a few out here on the east coast in my vette
Old 03-14-2010, 11:40 PM
m20w20
Heel & Toe

Thats awesome. I saw a picture of a scion tc racing at redline with two wings on it one in the rear and one in the front was that it?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:43 PM
m20w20
Heel & Toe

It looks like its world racing. Heres a picture. Says it clocked the fastest fwd time.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:38 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

These guys are trolls. They have been popping up on forums all over the internet trying to sound innocent when they are really just marketing this event. I've seen them on Rennlist, Bimmerforums, Mustangforum and NASA. They are even using the same screen names. Marketing your product by trying to deceive people is completely unethical. Take your crap elsewhere.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by m20w20
Thats awesome. I saw a picture of a scion tc racing at redline with two wings on it one in the rear and one in the front was that it?
nope, this was our car

Although i do have a pic of Rado and I sitting on his wing after an event. Its a serious setup, and he has some great chassis designers/engineers.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by argonaut
These guys are trolls. They have been popping up on forums all over the internet trying to sound innocent when they are really just marketing this event. I've seen them on Rennlist, Bimmerforums, Mustangforum and NASA. They are even using the same screen names. Marketing your product by trying to deceive people is completely unethical. Take your crap elsewhere.
oh thats no good
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cars running in the "ultimate" class are very very fast running tons of boost and HP. We are talking pure built we'll put together race cars with removealbe body panels and the whole bit. They are allowed just about anything goes.

The only downside is that if you run Hoosiers, you are automatically put into the "ultimate" class and you are just not going to be competitive in a street car. So you have to run treaded r compound tire to be placed in an appropriate class for an HPDE car.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I built a modified class tC as well but have only ran it a few times. Mine is not quite built to the level of Ptuning's car but I did build a new turbo system, intake to exhaust tip, GT3076R, huge IC, pretty close to what they have done and coached me on(why learn from scratch when a well proven setup is freely advised and I mean really well proven!) Close to the same suspension, a bit less cage and a bit less tire up front but setup very very well in the handling and braking departments.

I am running stock internals so not making the 550 or so WHP they are, more like 350 when I finish and tune it but only weighs 2,600 lbs(they should be less as mine is closer to street trim inside, etc.) I am going to run mine with the competition audio system installed this year, 15 sub, hits 138.4 db, sustained, on music and it is an SQ system, not a boomer, only adds 60 lbs or so over and just behind the rear axle, mounted really low, actually handles better with it than without

I have only ran one Redline event, in 08, took second place one my 1st days time but blew it to bits the next AM warming up, seems the TRD reflashed ECU was fighting the piggy back system(cannot program Toyota ECU's) using the SC system jacked up a bit, only 250 WHP. Huge very sharp timing spikes I found later that did not show up on the dyno runs. I removed the piggy back and ran the TRD tune and 200WHP for a few more events and was passing some pretty well prepared STI's and modest full race cars, cornering with some very very quick race cars but just not enough power.

Up to a point, this is a very quick car, certainly no Vette, and I could still drive it on the street, with the new turbo system and some real power it will be pretty dang fast though, enough to be scary as it just sticks so well in the high speed turns, shockingly so for what it is.

It was up for sale when I started building my C5/C6 WC bodied ST1 car (which was quickly growing out of the ST1 class with what I was doing) But I realize I just do not want to drive a $125k car, I am not fast enough for it, do not want to maintain it, etc......why it is being detuned back to a street car but with a 53 Starliner body

Anyway, TA, TT, etc, great fun, I can hardly wait to get some track time finally this year and will probably see some of you guys at various events if my knees hold up enough to finish the tC turbo(almost done

Once I can get a roll bar figured out I plan to run the C6 Vert and later the Studebaker as well, tC will be long gone by then

Rick
Old 03-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the Scion's above have wings from the builder I am getting my 76" wing from. He is re-doing the Scion with the front wing's, front wing this year. It provided a TON of downforce I guess but it was pretty distracting for the driver. I guess that Scion with the 2 wings has like 1000fwhp or something and I guess it set 10/10 FWD records (every track it ran at I guess it set a record).

Very cool wing builder to work with too!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Rado's car is insane, sequential gear box, etc, they show up with a full transporter, crew, sponsored by Scion and World Electronics. I can hardly look at the car with that wing on the front but am damn impressed at the speeds for a FWD!

-----------------

Ptuning has done very very well, championships won, etc, great driver as well as team, totally built and funded by their shop. They have developed a complete engine package, even their own ARP head studs instead of the ARP design. You would be shocked at the power out of that little pump fueled 2.4 Camry based engine and it is reliable!

They want to move up to a faster class, the tC is at it's practical limits unless you have a huge amount of backing like Rado so they are going a different route now which I fully understand. This is a very good shop, great guys, I expect to see them keep on winning.

------------

Rick
Old 03-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that Rado is now sponsored by Scion and Monster Energy Drinks...Don't know about any of his other sponsors but I know he just picked up Monster which is huge for thier team.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

World Electronics is his parents business, not exactly small either.

Personally I do not like being sponsored at to high a level as you lose control of your own choices, etc.....I have turned down quite a few(nothing huge but did not want to be stuck running parts that might not be optimal) and accepted quite a few as long as I had free choice of what I wanted to do. I prefer to pay manf costs, distributor cost, etc and then own the product and can do as I wish. Of course I am careful what I chose to run and do my best to use whatever I end up with that way.

After 20 years in the USN and working for others before that, I love my freedom more than sponsorships

Rick
Old 03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
m20w20
Heel & Toe

Wow you were going hard around those corners Did mid season modifications help that for the second picture? New wing maybe?

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
I am going to run mine with the competition audio system installed this year, 15 sub, hits 138.4 db, sustained, on music and it is an SQ system, not a boomer, only adds 60 lbs or so over and just behind the rear axle, mounted really low, actually handles better with it than without
haha gotta have the bass

Last edited by m20w20; 03-15-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:21 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

With the competition audio system, roll cage, most of the interior, alarm, big turbo build the car is still just under 2,750 lbs, close to 200 less than it was stock. That took a huge effort, several hundred hours actually. The entire chassis is filled with over 360 liquid oz of expensive foam from Germany and is exceptionally stiff, even before caged.

It also did 138.4 db on music for 2 minutes and beat a ton of monster bass machines because they can only do tones for a few second then start blowing up

---------

I have my C6 vert nearly ready to keep off the lift so I can put the tC back on, get it up to working height for my bum knees and finish the turbo Once done and raced once or twice I hope to find a decent buyer for it, then start building our Studevette which will run TA, HPDE, open road and one day I want to hit at least 200 at Bonneville in a street driven car

---------

I have modified to great success many imports but now so hooked on Vettes I doubt I ever own an import project car again except my old reliable Tacoma I will keep forever.

---------

Rick

---------

Get notified of new replies

To Redline Time Attack Anyone?

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack Anyone?