Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running Hoosier Slicks

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:26 PM
MAG STAR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running Hoosier Slicks

I need to Know :

C6 zo6 with CCW's 11x18 front 13x18 rear

What size Hoosier Slicks will work and not affect the Computer ?

Thank you in Advance

Mark
Old 03-07-2010, 11:33 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MAG STAR
I need to Know :

C6 zo6 with CCW's 11x18 front 13x18 rear

What size Hoosier Slicks will work and not affect the Computer ?

Thank you in Advance

Mark
305/645/18 front and 320/650/18 rear
Old 03-08-2010, 12:17 AM
MAG STAR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by redtopz
305/645/18 front and 320/650/18 rear
Hmmm i was hold 320/650/18 wont work on a 13" rim ????

No problems ??
Old 03-08-2010, 08:39 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm running 315/30/18s front and 345/35/18 rear those are the DOT slicks. JD
Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Hmmm i was hold 320/650/18 wont work on a 13" rim ????

No problems ??
No they fit fine. I have the same size wheels as you.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:18 PM
ryan0
Melting Slicks

uh oh!...

cant you program the ratios in the computer? or does that only change the speedo?

never really looked at it.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
imp zog
Racer

Are you looking to use slicks with the nannies on? Just turn the TC/AH off, tire sizing won't be an issue then other than for rake, and having them on tends to chew up rear brake pads very quickly. Personally, I wouldn't trust the nannies to do anything right with slicks; they are programmed for street tires, brakes, yaw rates, etc, and not for racing conditions. ABS will still work fine for you with TC/AH turned off, so just worry about rain tires being correctly sized for when you might want to turn it on when the track is greasy.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
MAG STAR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by imp zog
Are you looking to use slicks with the nannies on? Just turn the TC/AH off, tire sizing won't be an issue then other than for rake, and having them on tends to chew up rear brake pads very quickly. Personally, I wouldn't trust the nannies to do anything right with slicks; they are programmed for street tires, brakes, yaw rates, etc, and not for racing conditions. ABS will still work fine for you with TC/AH turned off, so just worry about rain tires being correctly sized for when you might want to turn it on when the track is greasy.
Cool thx .... a little nerves turning nannies off ... i normally run in Comp mode .... I just may give it a try
Old 03-08-2010, 07:55 PM
imp zog
Racer

Cool thx .... a little nerves turning nannies off ... i normally run in Comp mode .... I just may give it a try
To be honest, given that statement, I would *highly* recommend that you stick to street tires and learn to run without the nannies before going to all-out slicks like these. The one thing that streets will give you over slicks is that they will give you a lot more feedback in terms of sound. When you are slow, streets make minimal noise, but as you pick up speed they will start to squeal nicely in the corners. At the point that you start to overdrive them, they make a distinct (and hideous) howling that will be a clear indicator to tone it back before they break loose and you hit the wall. Slicks will stick, stick, stick, and make minimal noise in comparison, and then suddenly just let go when you overdrive them. Slicks are great until they aren't, and then you are

I hope that helps, and good luck!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:36 AM
MAG STAR
Burning Brakes

To be honest, given that statement, I would *highly* recommend that you stick to street tires and learn to run without the nannies before going to all-out slicks like these. The one thing that streets will give you over slicks is that they will give you a lot more feedback in terms of sound. When you are slow, streets make minimal noise, but as you pick up speed they will start to squeal nicely in the corners. At the point that you start to overdrive them, they make a distinct (and hideous) howling that will be a clear indicator to tone it back before they break loose and you hit the wall. Slicks will stick, stick, stick, and make minimal noise in comparison, and then suddenly just let go when you overdrive them. Slicks are great until they aren't, and then you are

Gotcha .. Thank you

Mark
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I HAVE SEEN THEM GO IN THE WALL ! BUT THE GT SLICKS KICK *** !
Old 03-09-2010, 12:51 PM
ryan0
Melting Slicks

Gotcha .. Thank you

Mark
ok... settled... youre gonna run streets and all nannies on for the next event?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Just looking at the spec's, doesn't look like there's any Hoosier slick size which will work with comp mode. You should talk to Bowmanized, i think he sells Michelin and Goodyear slicks. Or you'll just have to stick with your A6's
Old 03-09-2010, 02:14 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I made the mistake of NOT turning the nannies off one time. I almost put my into a tire wall, as the car would not slide though the corner at all.

we all know that slicks have the most grip, just as they start to slide slightly. Nannies dont like this at all

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone running Hoosier Slicks

Quick Reply: Anyone running Hoosier Slicks