Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moton Clubsport help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 06:28 PM
dayABR11
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moton Clubsport help

Hi all. I am fairly new to modifying my C6 Z06. I have done a number of HPDEs in the US and now that I'm in Germany, I have done a few at the Hockenheim. So after a while I started getting the itch to modify. Since there was a pretty good deal on a set of Moton Clubsports, I went and sprang for them.

Anyway, right now I just have the shocks - no after market springs yet. The Z06 is for cruising around town on the weekends with 1-2x track sessions each month during the spring and summer. Also, I went and got the Katech aero kit (partly for looks, partly for aero gains). So with that in mind, do I need springs too or are the stock leafs good? What setting should I run the Motons on initially? Would I need to get the Motons revalved?

One thing to consider is that I feel like the stock stiffness is about right in comfort and seems good on the Hockenheim race track - but on the Nurburgring I find that I have shaved off about 1/2" on the right due to the carousel. But since I'll be getting rid of the air dam because of the whole Katech front aero parts, scraping shouldn't be an issue though, right?

Now if everyone here says that I need coil springs - then what are good rates that compromise street and track?

Oh, and there was a thread talking about the pin mounts for the rear with the Motons having an issue when at full droop and needing a different type of mount - can someone explain that? I don't have any special kind of mount bought for the rear, would that be an issue?

Sorry for all the questions. I did a search, but nothing seemed to answer my questions specifically.

Last edited by dayABR11; 03-07-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not so sure about using the Club Sports without springs. You also need to consider the gas charge pressure to use. Send a PM to Jason at Katech and he can fill you in better than most. They sell lots of the 2-way and 3-way adjustable Motons and know how to get them set-up properly.

Dean
Old 03-08-2010, 02:43 PM
dayABR11
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talked with Jason of Katech for a bit but there are still some unanswered questions. So the stock spring setup should be okay. Anyone know what pressures are good for the stock springs? Is the current fill in the Moton's good? What setting should the dampers be on?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best bet is talk to the vendor you bought from and ask them about settings. They're the ones that specified the valving. And they'll also tell you what nitrogen pressure you should run. The pressure likely won't vary by spring rate but depending on your valving and how much adjustment you can get you may need to revalve depending on your spring choices.

Get notified of new replies

To Moton Clubsport help

Quick Reply: Moton Clubsport help