Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Brake Pedal

Old 03-03-2010, 08:54 AM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C4 Brake Pedal

I am trying to raise the brake pedal on the C4 so that it ends up being even with the gas under hard braking for H/T. I figure the easiest way is to put on an aftermarket brake pedal instead of trying to adjust the whole assembly.

Has anyone done this before? Right now my right foot ends up under the gas pedal when braking hard. I have seen pedals marketed for the C5 and C6 but nothing for the C4.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Panther
I am trying to raise the brake pedal on the C4 so that it ends up being even with the gas under hard braking for H/T. I figure the easiest way is to put on an aftermarket brake pedal instead of trying to adjust the whole assembly.
That is the way to do it; trying to adjust the assembly is a major engineering project. While you are down there, visually inspect the plastic pedal mount attached to the floorboard for cracks, they are prone to break. I had my break at Thunderhill at a track day; missed a session but got fixed it with baling wire and duct tape!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 AM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you know of any pedals that will fit? I am hoping something just bolts right on.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a Momo brand pedal cover, about 3/8" otherwise you would need to fabricate something. Also my prior post regarding inspecting the pedal mount is with regard to the gas pedal.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:20 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a generic aftermarket aluminum pedal laying around and used it on my C4. It raised it up to almost the exact right level. Was a lot easier than the alternative.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 PM
MarkBychowski
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you try adjusting the booster rod first? Unbolt the master from the booster, there's an adjuster rod in the booster that you can unscrew (make longer) which will raise the pedal by removing the slack. You have to try moving it a little, put it back together and check, repeat. If you move it out too much, your brakes will drag so you have to be careful. I did this on mine with both the stock brakes and the current wilwoods and was able to get a very good pedel height with both systems.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Brake Pedal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 Brake Pedal