Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trackmaster for Android phones

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:46 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Trackmaster for Android phones

anyone here try this yet?

http://www.trackaroo.com/web/guest;j...a783a925e0603d

trying to decide between an iPhone & a Droid
Old 02-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

That would be the selling point for me over the iPhone! That looks like a sweet app. Ive been looking for a GPS lap timer thats not expensive. Too bad my blackberry doesnt do that.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

That is great that they finally have it for the Android. I'll have to get it and try it out.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
anyone here try this yet?

http://www.trackaroo.com/web/guest;j...a783a925e0603d

trying to decide between an iPhone & a Droid
If you are device-centric then it's iPhone usually but no way I'd switch my corporate account to AT&T's rather... poor service. I've had a droid for about 2 months now and love it.

Thanks for posting that link, for $5 it's kinda hard to go wrong!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

how's this for an upgrade

Trackmaster now has Google Street View integration. If you run road rally or you're fortunate to run at Laguna Seca or Thunderhill, you can launch Street View from your session to see a panoramic view of that apex you missed. If your track is not in Street View, encourage them to join the Google Street View Partner Program (it's free) to get their track mapped
Old 06-29-2010, 11:19 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

I am also on the verge of going Iphone (if Verizon gets it straight) and Droid Incredible...this app would make me go Droid for sure.

Anyone use it yet?
Old 06-29-2010, 11:22 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

I just searched the available apps on the Droid site, and nothing came up as a match for Trackmaster. hmmmm...
Old 06-30-2010, 01:40 AM
RAREBLU1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used it this weekend at an autox with my HTC Incredible. It was about .300 faster them the track clock but consistent, and I just had it in my pocket. The hardest part was gettin the GPS turn on to get it to work. Well worth the $6.00

If you have an android phone just search trackmaster in the marketplace and it will come up.

http://trackmaster.trackaroo.com/welcome
Old 06-30-2010, 03:16 AM
flink
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used it a few times at various road courses.

It's a very good application and has nice integration with googleearth and email and various other things. It can send your lap times to your twitter account in real time for your fans to follow

But... I had quite a lot of trouble with the GPS signal, even with the thing mounted as close to the windshield as I could get it. And even if the reception was fixed, the 1Hz sampling isn't good. All this might be specific to the nexus 1 phone, and perhaps even to my nexus 1. Or perhaps even specific to my car. I discussed it quite a bit with the trackmaster developer and he sounded all surprised at how bad my reception was.

Recent versions integrate with a separate bluetooth GPS antenna. 5Hz ones are around $60 to $80 if I recall. Battery operated. I haven't tried that yet but I expect that it will fix things nicely and it'll be a great tool!

The accelerometer data (lateral G's) was pretty bad too. That also might be a nexus 1 issue.

Here's a thunderhill plot, generated by loading session data into googleearth:

That was a really bad one, and moving the phone closer to the windshield fixed things a lot.

All that being said, it got the laptimes correct to within 0.4 seconds of what the video said.

I'm using a borrowed performancebox at present. I think that if the bluetooth antenna fixes the GPS issues, trackmaster would be a better app than the $400 performancebox. Trackmaster doesn't have the offline visualisation software which the pbox has. But then, the pbox tools can be downloaded and it's a small matter of programming to convert the trackmaster files into pbox format
Old 06-30-2010, 07:01 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

+1 for the DROID Incredible.

I found trackmaster in the market via search the first time.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Just to mention...Verizon will be releasing Motorola's "Droid X" on the 15th of July. It will be the top of the line Droid phone on the market. It is even better than the HTC EVO on Sprint and has a large 4.3" screen just like it.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by thehammer69
Just to mention...Verizon will be releasing Motorola's "Droid X" on the 15th of July. It will be the top of the line Droid phone on the market. It is even better than the HTC EVO on Sprint and has a large 4.3" screen just like it.
Reading through this topic I was going to add that about the Driod X, until you did. I will be getting one in July with my Verizon upgrade. 8MP camera that also records in 720P HD was a big selling point. Initial cost is the same as the current Driod Incredible.

That being said I think this is going to be the first app I buy!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:14 AM
ssdeuce
Burning Brakes

I bought this app for my Ipod Touch and uses a Tomtom car kit for GPS. I'm gonna try it this weekend at Putnam. It has all the major US tracks and for $13.

http://web.me.com/hschlangmann/LapTi.../Products.html
Old 06-30-2010, 08:50 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by thehammer69

Funny you mention the X. I've had mine for almost 2 months now.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
Funny you mention the X. I've had mine for almost 2 months now.
How so?? I heard that all the back ordered Incredibles had the option of switching to the X but I didnt know you could get it early. Is that how you got one? Do you like it?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:06 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kubs
How so?? I heard that all the back ordered Incredibles had the option of switching to the X but I didnt know you could get it early. Is that how you got one? Do you like it?

I work for VZW and I'm on the device team. I get and test every device that VZW puts out and sometimes declines.

*personal opinion here*
I like the DROID X and "LOVE" the DROID Incredible! The X has a few media capabilities the Incredible does not and the screen size makes video watching and web browsing amazing. BUT, it's to much screen for me. The Incredible fits me perfectly from work use to personal use to size to style to everything. It's the perfect all-around device for my use habits.

If a big screen is what you need more than you want than go for it, you'll love it. I don't say that b/c I work for VZW honestly. I say that b/c I think Android really has every other OS beat on the market and it just so happens that VZW in many ways owns the Android segment (not literally). DROID has been a huge success for Android.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

I've got the one with the slide out keyboard and more importantly a pointing device.

sometime selections don't work the way I want, and the pointing device really helps out.

I also have the development software kit, which is FREE
Seems real easy to program apps for it.

Get notified of new replies

To Trackmaster for Android phones

Old 06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
I've got the one with the slide out keyboard and more importantly a pointing device.

sometime selections don't work the way I want, and the pointing device really helps out.

I also have the development software kit, which is FREE
Seems real easy to program apps for it.
Sounds like you have the DROID by Motorola..... first DROID to launch.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:27 PM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LEAVINU

I work for VZW and I'm on the device team. I get and test every device that VZW puts out and sometimes declines.

*personal opinion here*
I like the DROID X and "LOVE" the DROID Incredible! The X has a few media capabilities the Incredible does not and the screen size makes video watching and web browsing amazing. BUT, it's to much screen for me. The Incredible fits me perfectly from work use to personal use to size to style to everything. It's the perfect all-around device for my use habits.

If a big screen is what you need more than you want than go for it, you'll love it. I don't say that b/c I work for VZW honestly. I say that b/c I think Android really has every other OS beat on the market and it just so happens that VZW in many ways owns the Android segment (not literally). DROID has been a huge success for Android.
The big screen is what makes me want to get it. Anybody on here who has met me will tell ya I'm a big fellow. My big ol' fingers and touchscreens usually do not get along. I played around on an HTC EVO this past weekend and was surprised that I wasn't having "Fat fingered Syndrome" with it. So now that VZW is gonna have a 4.3" android phone, I'm gonna dump my Blackberry 9650 for it.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:41 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

damn i need to upgrade phones with cool stuff like this, how can it do cornerweight??

Quick Reply: Trackmaster for Android phones