Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed trailer side window/screen/vent suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Default Enclosed trailer side window/screen/vent suggestions?

Been moving all week, and had a load shift the other day when I hit a big bump, and poked a hole in the side of the trailer. When time permitted I was going to "unrivet" the aluminum side sheet, and put on a new one. But then I thought about using this spot for a window or vent for when I sack out overnight in the trailer on track weekends. If a window thing doesn't work out well I can still go back to plan A and replace the sheet.
So, anybody have some suggestions or pictures of what I could do here?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 69427
Been moving all week, and had a load shift the other day when I hit a big bump, and poked a hole in the side of the trailer. When time permitted I was going to "unrivet" the aluminum side sheet, and put on a new one. But then I thought about using this spot for a window or vent for when I sack out overnight in the trailer on track weekends. If a window thing doesn't work out well I can still go back to plan A and replace the sheet.
So, anybody have some suggestions or pictures of what I could do here?

Thanks,
Mike
You are probably going to have to add some frame members to the top and bottom of the area where you want to install the window. Not that tough, assuming the wall frame is aluminum you can either weld or rivet in the extra framing. First you need to go to an RV dealer and select the window you want so you know what size to frame for.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:16 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

search for RV windows

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-K...s#ht_500wt_956
Old 02-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:47 PM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

My dad was talking to a trailer bulder in our club who did the estimate for when ours got hit. He said you really don't want to take the hole sheet off the trailer. You would have to break the seal at the top, slide the old piece out, slide new piece in, and try to seal the top. He says you almost never get a good seal. So your best bet is to try to put the window in.

That said, find a window to fit, put some supports top and bottom, and enjoy!

Get notified of new replies

To Enclosed trailer side window/screen/vent suggestions?

Quick Reply: Enclosed trailer side window/screen/vent suggestions?