Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can High Tire Pressure warning be turned of in C6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:57 PM
blue383
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can High Tire Pressure warning be turned of in C6?

My C6 gives a high tire pressure warning at 42psi. I often find if I start with cold pressure at 32-33psi I can exceed 42psi when the tires get hot during a long HDPE session. It's very annoying since it takes several button presses to get the display back to oil temp which is what I really want to see. My previous car was a C5 and it was less of a problem since the warning wouldn't come on til 44psi.

Does anyone know of a way to change the limit or disable the high pressure warning? I do like the safety of having a low pressure warning in case a tire starts going down so I don't want to turn off the system completely.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:20 PM
MartyZ51
Instructor

I have a had a similar problem with my C6. I didn't know what pressure the warning was set. I'm thinking a 10 psi increase on a 25 minute session means I have too much moisture in my compressor! I don't think Costco will fill tires with nitrogen that they didn't sell but that would fix the issue.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:27 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

take air out. Start at 30f 28 r
Old 08-15-2009, 06:21 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
take air out. Start at 30f 28 r
Only useful if you don't want to run at those pressures. I've been told to try hot pressures on the Toyo R888s in the 46psi range!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:48 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

The high pressure message is just an informational thing - it doesn't do anything other than tell you that you've got high pressure. So, it's nothing more than a nuissance if you need to clear it to get back to see oil temp in your DIC.

What do you have in your HUD? I assume oil pressure or coolant temp.

At least the high pressure alert doesn't do the things that will happen if you get a low pressure alert. A low pressure message will turn your AH back full on, but of course that's not your biggest concern if you're losing pressure on the track - and like you say, I run sensors because I think that would be a good thing to know!

Bob
Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 PM
blue383
Instructor

Tanks for the replies.
I don't have HUD. The real problem is just a lot of button pushes to get back to oil temp on the DIC.
I don't want to run much lower pressure since I get a lot of tire wear on the outside edges. Just got the fronts aligned with 1/2 degree more negative camber so that should help.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Contact Joe Aqualante at Phoenix Performance. They broke that code a couple of years or so ago and involves a programming change of the computer as I recall. JFAphoenix32@aol.com
Old 08-21-2009, 04:29 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by wtknght1
Contact Joe Aqualante at Phoenix Performance. They broke that code a couple of years or so ago and involves a programming change of the computer as I recall. JFAphoenix32@aol.com

Phoenix is the outfit I alluded to in another thread. I remember a year or two ago that they were looking for some people to front some money to hire a software guru to tackle the problem.

I haven't heard them advertising that they found a solution - I'm sure it's for track only vehicles due to liability issues.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Can High Tire Pressure warning be turned of in C6?

Quick Reply: Can High Tire Pressure warning be turned of in C6?