Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT2 coil overs from LG, now what? What starting point?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:49 PM
97coupechuck
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default New GT2 coil overs from LG, now what? What starting point?

Have a C6 and putting on the new GT 2 coilovers from LG. They have 12 settings on them, from soft and then 12 clicks to hard. What's a good starting point for a track day this sat at TWS? We're putting them on tonight and tomorrow I'm going to get it corner weighted. Maybe I should try it out in middle and go from there? Or maybe just jump in at full hard? wadda ya think? chuck
Old 08-13-2009, 07:53 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by 97coupechuck
Have a C6 and putting on the new GT 2 coilovers from LG. They have 12 settings on them, from soft and then 12 clicks to hard. What's a good starting point for a track day this sat at TWS? We're putting them on tonight and tomorrow I'm going to get it corner weighted. Maybe I should try it out in middle and go from there? Or maybe just jump in at full hard? wadda ya think? chuck

I used the middle (setting 6) and that was where I ended up after playing around. 6 front and 6 rear was what worked for me.

Give us a call if you need more info.

LG
Old 08-13-2009, 11:27 PM
97coupechuck
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Lou, I gotta tell ya, they look absolutely fantastic, to good to go on my track car! What a dream for my purposes for my C6, I track it, done everything but motor mods so it's ultra reliable and now I can go from hard to soft with a twist of the ***.
Bunch of us get together and take a cross country trip somewhere every year, this year we are staying in Watkins Glen. By coincidence I saw your post a few weeks ago about your going try out your new ALMS car at the Glen the same weekend we are there. Called trackmasters and the rest is history, see you there.
So here I'm driving with coilovers set on soft for long cruise and I'll get out early before track day and stiffen them up for the track, perfect! Truly using corvette for dual purpose. chuck
Old 08-14-2009, 01:07 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by 97coupechuck
Thanks Lou, I gotta tell ya, they look absolutely fantastic, to good to go on my track car! What a dream for my purposes for my C6, I track it, done everything but motor mods so it's ultra reliable and now I can go from hard to soft with a twist of the ***.
Bunch of us get together and take a cross country trip somewhere every year, this year we are staying in Watkins Glen. By coincidence I saw your post a few weeks ago about your going try out your new ALMS car at the Glen the same weekend we are there. Called trackmasters and the rest is history, see you there.
So here I'm driving with coilovers set on soft for long cruise and I'll get out early before track day and stiffen them up for the track, perfect! Truly using corvette for dual purpose. chuck

We will be there! make sure you paddock near our trailer so we can work with you and all the corvette guys

Thanks
Lou G

Get notified of new replies

To New GT2 coil overs from LG, now what? What starting point?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GT2 coil overs from LG, now what? What starting point?