Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Whose spindle ducts do you recomment?
Quantum
47.92%
DRM
16.67%
LG
26.04%
Phoenix
3.13%
Other
6.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Who makes the best brake cooling ducts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:32 AM
errance
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes the best brake cooling ducts?

It's time for me to buy some brake cooling ducts for my C6. Car is Z51 and I do about 10 HPDEs per year.

With so many options from such respected vendors, please help me figure out which ducts system to buy.

I listed the vendors I could think of in the survey. I'd really like to hear about the pros and cons from other drivers.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:17 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I voted "other". Check ECS's web site www.Eastcoastsupercharging.com. There's a very popular vendor who copied ECS's design. The duts work flawlessly.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:21 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does DRM offer spindle ducts? I thought they just had the brake duct extensions and hose but suggested you talk to somebody else if you need the spindle duct portion?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Joe_Knesek
Racer

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
I voted "other". Check ECS's web site www.Eastcoastsupercharging.com. There's a very popular vendor who copied ECS's design. The duts work flawlessly.
You may want to change your vote. If you enlarge their photo you can clearly see DRM molded into the duct.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:07 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Joe_Knesek
You may want to change your vote. If you enlarge their photo you can clearly see DRM molded into the duct.
Sorry, i'm referring to the spindle, should have made that clearer.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Joe_Knesek
Originally Posted by gkmccready
Does DRM offer spindle ducts? I thought they just had the brake duct extensions and hose but suggested you talk to somebody else if you need the spindle duct portion?
I was referring to the spindle section
Old 08-14-2009, 12:43 AM
cgh1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There's a post here somewhere that I did a few years back showing my very inexpensive and VERY effective solution using NACA ducts in the nostrils of a C5 where the OEM ducts were and swimming pool vacuum cleaner hose (two per side) to really cool the front brakes.

Indeed, I never had another brake issue after installing the system. As I recall, the whole deal cost me less than $50 and the labor was about two hours end-to-end.

You might have to look in the archives, if you're interested in such a thing but I'm pretty sure it should still be around.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I will help clear this up a bit. DRM doesn't build spindle ducts. A long time ago there was a understanding between DRM and LGM that we build the plastic duct and LGM builds the spindle duct. Sence then there have been many products that have came about. Still to this day I don't think you can get a better setup then DRM and LGM. Between us racers we came up with a pretty stout package.

Randy
Old 08-14-2009, 01:34 AM
errance
Pro

Randy, just to make sure I get this right: are you saying that the black plastic ducts on this page are your DRM ducts?
http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...oducts_id=1752
Old 08-14-2009, 08:22 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what the 'best' ducts are, but the quantium motorsports ones are working VERY well on my Z06 and as a plus they are a snap to install.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
I will help clear this up a bit. DRM doesn't build spindle ducts. A long time ago there was a understanding between DRM and LGM that we build the plastic duct and LGM builds the spindle duct. Sence then there have been many products that have came about. Still to this day I don't think you can get a better setup then DRM and LGM. Between us racers we came up with a pretty stout package.

Randy
The LGM/DRM combo worked well no my C5
Old 08-14-2009, 09:34 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by errance
Randy, just to make sure I get this right: are you saying that the black plastic ducts on this page are your DRM ducts?
http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...oducts_id=1752
I don't know what those ducts are. That is the first I have seen of them. I have to call down there today, we will know soon.

Randy
Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A long time ago there was a understanding between DRM and LGM that we build the plastic duct and LGM builds the spindle duct.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...ake-ducts.html
Old 08-14-2009, 12:46 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

I don't know what those ducts are. That is the first I have seen of them. I have to call down there today, we will know soon.

Randy
Randy,

It looks like those are a copy of the C6 inlet with a modified outlet to accept 3" hose. Different than yours but still...

We do not make inlets. The DRM are the nicest and we refer all C5 customers to DRM.

For the C6 anyone can use the factory Z06 inlets so we offer them on our site for one stop shopping.

Our spindle ducts are unique and not a copy of any previous design. I don't think the poster above was referring to us but you never know...

Jon
Old 08-14-2009, 01:14 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

We use DRM duct kits along with our spindle plates for the C5 guys. We designed our own for the C6 and C6Z setups.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
VetteRacer725
Intermediate

Randy
Old 08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
VetteRacer725
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
We use DRM duct kits along with our spindle plates for the C5 guys. We designed our own for the C6 and C6Z setups.
I have a C6 Z I want to run HPDE with and this is something I've been looking for. What is the difference between your set up and ECS's? They look similar. I also need to do suspension, brakes and safety. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Who makes the best brake cooling ducts?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by VetteRacer725
Look right above, for Anthony post.

Randy
Old 08-14-2009, 06:35 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ

I think you have it reversed who copied what. The ECS ducts look just like LGM ducta and they were out first./

I started the whole spindle duct thing after I saw some at Pocono on a race truck. I ask Lou / LGM why can't I get that for my C5. So after bugging him a few months he made some for me to get rid of me.

Then after that other people were looking for them and about 9 months later he started making them for everyone.

The original LGM spindle ducts will be on ebay tonight for a cool million

Who builds world class professional race cars here and who has raced for real here professionally? Both have three intials nuff said.

Last edited by John Shiels; 08-14-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:00 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I think you have it reversed who copied what. The ECS ducts look just like LGM ducta and they were out first./

I started the whole spindle duct thing after I saw some at Pocono on a race truck. I ask Lou / LGM why can't I get that for my C5. So after bugging him a few months he made some for me to get rid of me.

Then after that other people were looking for them and about 9 months later he started making them for everyone.

The original LGM spindle ducts will be on ebay tonight for a cool million

Who builds world class professional race cars here and who has raced for real here professionally? Both have three intials nuff said.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best brake cooling ducts?