Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spokane Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:31 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Spokane Raceway

Anyone here run the Spokane road course here lately?

I ran here in the late 70's and early 80's but not sure it is the same layout.

Low speed lapping it, thanks track management, in a mini van yesterday it seems to be a very fast track with berms to get your nose up when you exit the track in the wrong place....
Old 07-28-2009, 03:08 AM
errance
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran it for 2 full days last September with Adare Motorsports, right after the county's purchase.

It's a very very fast track. The fastest I've been to so far. I reached the very top of 4th about 2/3 down the straight. I saw 146, maybe even 147 on the HUD. Didn't want to hit the rev limiter at those speeds, so I shifted after that, got back to the mid 140s and had to brake.

The high-speed roller coaster after that is a lot of fun also.

I enjoyed the track a lot, but this was the most unsafe HPDE I have ever been to. Scary in so many ways... And I'm not saying that after the casualty that happened this year, I already felt that way last September.

Who will you be running with?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:31 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by errance
I ran it for 2 full days last September with Adare Motorsports, right after the county's purchase.

It's a very very fast track. The fastest I've been to so far. I reached the very top of 4th about 2/3 down the straight. I saw 146, maybe even 147 on the HUD. Didn't want to hit the rev limiter at those speeds, so I shifted after that, got back to the mid 140s and had to brake.

The high-speed roller coaster after that is a lot of fun also.

I enjoyed the track a lot, but this was the most unsafe HPDE I have ever been to. Scary in so many ways... And I'm not saying that after the casualty that happened this year, I already felt that way last September.

Who will you be running with?
I was out there for a military reunion and took the opportunity to go see the track again. It had been a long, long time since I ran there. Slow lapping it last week I noticed there was not much runoff room and the berms look like they could function well for jump jets. The track was in good condition and the corner stands look new so it seems they are investing in the road course.

I have no doubt you could hit 155 or so on the front straight in a C5 and even faster in a C6Z. The back side also looks like it would favor a HP car - especially if you drove the car like Danny Popp does.

Unfortunately, I do not know if I will ever get the opportunity to race ,or DE ,there again since it is a long way from where I currently live.

They had a fatality at this track this year? Back when I ran there speeds where generally slower (MGAs and 1968 Z28s are not quite like the cars you can buy off the showroom today) and the safety equipment was archaic compared to current state of the art.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:25 AM
rad_vet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fatality was a contractor who got hit by a car that went off track.

Get notified of new replies

To Spokane Raceway

Quick Reply: Spokane Raceway