Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kohler international anyone have a race report?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:04 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Kohler international anyone have a race report?

anyone have the gr-6 race report from the Kohler at Road America?
Old 07-20-2009, 06:07 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Doug Finished third in class on Sunday and won it on Saturday. Something about the start and Brian in the Ford, drove off in the sunset. That is about all I know.

Randy
Old 07-20-2009, 09:07 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Well, since Red has laid it up so well......

There were 47 cars in the Grp 6 race and the track was pretty crowded on Friday and Saturday practice and it was hard to get in a good clean lap. While it was a big field a lot of the Corvette regulars were not there, like Klutt, Farano, and Fusillo.

Friday morning practice was fairly tame and the times were decent and Friday aft it rained so only about 7 cars went out to practice.

Saturday morning was overcast but there were still some good times turned, Forum Member Ed Sevajian turned a fast enough lap to make it an all Corvette front row with Chris Hines in P1 and Ed in P2 both turning in the 2:25 range. Behind them there were several Camaros, a Pcar, and a quick Jaguar. The qualify race was pretty uneventful and just about everyone made it through with out issue.

Ed I think only turned two laps on sat aft and out qualified Hines to take the Pole, not bad for the first time at RA, and again it was an all Corvette front row but this time it was Ed in P1 and Hines in P2.

It was a very clean start on Sunday and everyone got away cleanly. I think that Ed held the lead for the first 2.5 laps, he could prob tell you better, but then went off into the gravel at T5 and Hines pretty much drove away for the win. I started in p18 and also had a good start, after having some brake issues during the weekend it was nice to have a hard pedal, and was able to get by Doug Rippie, a Jag, and another Corvette on the first couple of laps. Then I had a nice battle with another 69 for the rest of the race and finished in a decent 10th.

In all it was a pretty good race with only one hard hit, a couple of Mustangs got together in 12 and one of them hit the wall HARD! Not sure what happened.

Maybe Ed could chime in and let us know what was happening at the front of the pack!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:08 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Doug Finished third in class on Sunday and won it on Saturday. Something about the start and Brian in the Ford, drove off in the sunset. That is about all I know.

Randy
Doug needs to build a Big Block for that car!!

Also, thank you to Doug and Todd for the Master Cylinder brace!!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:42 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bjm
Doug needs to build a Big Block for that car!!

Also, thank you to Doug and Todd for the Master Cylinder brace!!
I have been telling him that for years. She runs good for a small block, but nothing like the raw power of a big block at Road America.

Doug and Todd always say very nice things about you and everyone else at this event.

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To Kohler international anyone have a race report?

Quick Reply: Kohler international anyone have a race report?