Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Brake rotors... which ones?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:38 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Default C4 Brake rotors... which ones?

Well, I managed to do a number on both the front and rear rotors on the C4 track car this week so new ones are needed. Anybody have a suggestion on what works best at a decent price?!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:10 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, I might as well ask the big dollar question as well. After seeing the post of C4 crash at Mid-Ohio I'm pretty much certain that I don't want that to happen to me. (I know that one specifically was a master cylinder) With a car as fast as I have, I would love to be confident in the brakes as well. Thanks as always!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

If you have the HD 13" front rotors you can get a complete set of OEM rotors new from Corvette Recycling for $80. I have a set on my car they hold up well to track days.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:23 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Kubs
If you have the HD 13" front rotors you can get a complete set of OEM rotors new from Corvette Recycling for $80. I have a set on my car they hold up well to track days.
Best price around!!

Other than that see what your local auto parts place carries.
When my 3 year old raybestos reds are done I don't know what I'll find.

I may buy a set from corvette recycling and just store them.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:07 PM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you looking for something other than OEM? I am running Coleman rotors on my race car. They are 14" rotors...I sent them one of my worn out friction rings and they made me a pair....slotted and high quality pieces. If I can be of any help, let me know.

Scott
Old 08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
TCurtner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDF
Are you looking for something other than OEM? I am running Coleman rotors on my race car. They are 14" rotors...I sent them one of my worn out friction rings and they made me a pair....slotted and high quality pieces. If I can be of any help, let me know.

Scott
Sorry - do you have a link to Coleman? - also what about calipers & pads for the track? I have a C5 conversion on front, and (I think) just the stock backs - not too swift at Road Atlanta this past weekend. Are there any racers out there that KNOW the best setup for a C4 (mine is an '87)? Please help.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
StealthLT4
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You could also take this opportunity to upgrade the front brakes to C5 stock ones. About $500 once all is said and done, and everyone whose done it says it dramatically improves braking.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:20 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I autox and use stock size 12" vb&p thermocycled rotors with hawk hp plus pads. More than enough braking for that application. Of course this isn't track use so unsure of fading after several laps. IMO it's the total brake system fluid condition and rating, rotors, and pads.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:33 AM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthLT4
You could also take this opportunity to upgrade the front brakes to C5 stock ones. About $500 once all is said and done, and everyone whose done it says it dramatically improves braking.
When I changed to the C5 fronts I was shocked at how much deeper I could go into corners.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Brake rotors... which ones?

Quick Reply: C4 Brake rotors... which ones?