Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:22 PM
NARIMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

just got back from autocrossing my c6

i am new to autocrossing so please i need some help

what i need to do to make my autocrossing more comfident in turns?

the car is having alot of body roll, sliding a lot, what tires are good?

could i get z06 wheels with biggertire on it? would that work on c6, i dont mind tires stick out for auitocross

so please what are the mods that i can get so it will make huge differents

Thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Think contact patches first... anything that touches something else.

Obviously the biggest contact patch is good tires (to the pavement). Right now, about the best tire you can get is the Hoosier A6!

Next - brakes (to the rotors). Personally, I like Carbotech.

Racing belts and seat (to the body). Get a good set of Teamtech harnesses and Cobra seat so you won't move around...and safety!!!

And the biggest thing you can do to improve - Seat time, seat time, seat time!!!!! Repeat as often as possible!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:38 PM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree with the above poster. Seat time will be the best thing. I have always been a believer of running the car as is untill you have more seat time. Learn what the car can do stock and you will appreciate the mods more down the line. If the car has alot of body roll and the car is sliding, it sounds to me like you are trying to be too agressive. Remeber smoother is better. Trying to throw the car around doesn't work. You need to effectivly control the weight shifting around the vehicle.

Tires would be the first mod I would do. They will make the biggest improvement in handling. The best for autocrossing are the Hoosier A6s with the Kumho V710s a very close second. If you still want a street tire, the best out there now is the Kumho Ecsta XS. I don't know for sure, but I think the Z06 wheels will fit on a standard C6. Bigger sway bars will help the body roll without creating a harsher ride.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:05 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Three thoughts:

If you're a recreational autoxer, then put whatever mods and tires you want.
However, if you're looking forward to class competition - know that your mods and tires will change your classification - .

Consider an autocross school - Evolution Performance Driving School runs schools around the country and works closely with the SCCA.

You're in MA - check with Brian Cunningham - frequent poster here.

Get notified of new replies

To need help

Quick Reply: need help