Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coleman rotors and Cobalt Pads Bedding Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Coleman rotors and Cobalt Pads Bedding Question

Can anyone provide some information. I installed a set of Coleman rotors and Cobalt CRB GTS pads on my C6Z06 front and rear for track use. I drove around for a little while normally and then did the old bedding routine, 60 down to 10mph 8 times, then drove to let them cool and put the car in the garage. These things SQUEAL like a stuck pig but stop great. Is this enough for the track as far as bedding? P.S. I've never seen a pad create so much break dust in such a short period of time
Old 07-12-2009, 09:23 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

coblat frictions do not require bedding as i have read on here many times.

dont worry they last a long time!!! i have had mine on for 50-60 20 minute sessions and still are around 1/4 of the pad life left

i have coleman all the way around and xr1 pads
Old 07-12-2009, 09:50 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

How's your Squealing and break dust? These things are LOUD Thank god I'm trailering
Old 07-12-2009, 09:51 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by CodeBlack
How's your Squealing and break dust? These things are LOUD Thank god I'm trailering
drive mine on the track only, dust is not too bad, it is like silver dust not black dust like most pads
Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Originally Posted by dvandentop
drive mine on the track only, dust is not too bad, it is like silver dust not black dust like most pads
Thanks, I did a search and others stated they squeal loudly also, I could care less about this because they're for the track. Just wanted to make sure if this is the norm. Others said that break dust is 50% more than stock, again I'm ok with it. I'll just wash it off after the events. I removed the caliper spring clips and haven't had a problem.
Thanks to Bob at AFX Performance.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:24 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by CodeBlack
Thanks, I did a search and others stated they squeal loudly also, I could care less about this because they're for the track. Just wanted to make sure if this is the norm. Others said that break dust is 50% more than stock, again I'm ok with it. I'll just wash it off after the events. I removed the caliper spring clips and haven't had a problem.
Thanks to Bob at AFX Performance.
i ran them a few times without the spring clips and they howled like a **** when stopping on the track even, now i put them back in and they are quiet, i think the issue is if they dont have the clips in they vibrate enough to create the squeeling noise.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:11 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Originally Posted by dvandentop
i ran them a few times without the spring clips and they howled like a **** when stopping on the track even, now i put them back in and they are quiet, i think the issue is if they dont have the clips in they vibrate enough to create the squeeling noise.
Thanks, everything is together for the track and I'm to lazy to lift the car and do it again next time I'll put in the clips. For now everyone else will have to live with the noise Thanks for the help
Old 07-12-2009, 11:12 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

have fun i was just at the track yesterday and already getting eager for the next event which is a long ways off

Get notified of new replies

To Coleman rotors and Cobalt Pads Bedding Question

Quick Reply: Coleman rotors and Cobalt Pads Bedding Question