Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any handling value from C5R spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:56 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Any handling value from C5R spoiler?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...r-spoiler.html

Not a bad deal, just curious of there is any value to having a spoiler? I like the look of a spoiler, especially the one that I had on my TA but then again, I try to only spend money on stuff that makes car go faster, turn better stop better, last longer etc. $360 for a painted spoiler seems like a pretty good deal. Thoughts?
Old 07-11-2009, 01:33 PM
fhturner
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From that spoiler, I'd say doubtful. If it has a somewhat downward angle of attack, I suppose you could get a little bit of downforce from it, but probably significantly more drag than say a proper wing.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...r-spoiler.html

Not a bad deal, just curious of there is any value to having a spoiler? I like the look of a spoiler, especially the one that I had on my TA but then again, I try to only spend money on stuff that makes car go faster, turn better stop better, last longer etc. $360 for a painted spoiler seems like a pretty good deal. Thoughts?
that is NOT c5r wing, it is a load of blig crap

Putting on a wing needs to be balanced with a front spoiler, extractor hood, side skirts and wind tunnel time.

Get notified of new replies

To Any handling value from C5R spoiler?

Quick Reply: Any handling value from C5R spoiler?