Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM NJMP July 19 - 21 Who's coming?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 01:57 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NCM NJMP July 19 - 21 Who's coming?

NCM NJMP July 19 -21 Who’s coming?

Reviewing the Forum thread on the NCM VIR event illustrates the excitement, fun and safety at an NCM event. Some of the folks who were at VIR will be running at NJMP and some new ones are signed up. So who are you and what are you driving? If you aren’t signed up I believe there is still time to sign up and join in a mostly Corvette and all great drivers event with the most dedicated classroom and track instructors of any HPDE.

I'll be there in a Quick Silver '01 Z06.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in!

Originally Posted by V8 Juice
I'll be there in a 'VERY QUICK' Quick Silver '01 Z06.
Fixed!

Art,

Having never been to this track I'll be looking for insight from those that have like yourself. Wait up for me after the blend line!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:00 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

C'ya there!!!

I'll be running my DSOM '06 C6Z in the blue group.

Bob
Old 07-07-2009, 05:42 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
I'm in!

Art,

Having never been to this track I'll be looking for insight from those that have like yourself. Wait up for me after the blend line!
You sucked up the blend line at VIR you have so much down force.
You are faster than Wily Coyote - when I lose sight of you in front I can see you coming in my mirror! I have to wave my point by arm twice for Frank and you as you are behind me again before I can pull my arm back inside.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:42 PM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there on our home track!!! Can't wait to have the gang there to run NJMP in the first NCM event at this venue.

See everyone there.

Steve
Old 07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I'll be there for sure. I just finished dialing in a bunch more neg camber for those loaner Hoosiers

I may even bring my wife and kids.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 PM
cgh1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll be there doing the classrooms and look forward to seeing those who were at VIR and all those whom I've not met yet who weren't!

As for what I'll be driving... Due to dates at other tracks all around this event, I am flying in and renting a car, so I'll be driving whatever anyone will let me LOL
Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

NCM NJMP July 19 -21 Who’s coming?

Reviewing the Forum thread on the NCM VIR event illustrates the excitement, fun and safety at an NCM event. Some of the folks who were at VIR will be running at NJMP and some new ones are signed up. So who are you and what are you driving? If you aren’t signed up I believe there is still time to sign up and join in a mostly Corvette and all great drivers event with the most dedicated classroom and track instructors of any HPDE.

I'll be there in a Quick Silver '01 Z06.

I'll be there thought it was 20/21 didn't know 19th was also open.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:58 AM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Originally Posted by VRedZ06
I'll be there thought it was 20/21 didn't know 19th was also open.
The 19th is registration and tech day. The track days are Monday and Tuesday, 20-21.

Steve
Old 07-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,408 Likes on 611 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
I'm in!

Fixed!

Art,

The end of the front straight is uphill, THEN 80 degree right hander, over a crest and back down. A place to learn cautiously but very fun. The car gets very light and once you have it down the rear will twitch a little as you go through. I've seen many cars heavy back on the throttle here a little too soon and next stop is the grass heading the wrong way. It's really a cool track.

You WILL love this track, although you'll be back at the front straight very quickly (1.9 miles per lap)

I wish I could get out of work for this one, I had such a great time at VIR with you guys. NJMP is only an hour from home for me..

I may try to roll out of work early and stop by just to hang out.....
Old 07-08-2009, 08:32 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

why couldn't this have been on the weekend instead of a weekday!
oh well maybe I'll be able to make the next one.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:40 AM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AlwaysInBoost
why couldn't this have been on the weekend instead of a weekday! oh well maybe I'll be able to make the next one.
No track availability on weekends, plus the rental price is prohibitive.

Frank Gonzalez
Old 07-08-2009, 08:41 AM
ZMEGO
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I will be there also!

Looking forward to the event.

Gary
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzalezfj
No track availability on weekends, plus the rental price is prohibitive.

Frank Gonzalez
and as Frank says. have to start some place. Even to get a date for many tracks are not easy.

Weekend rates are WAY too prohibitive, with out MAJOR event sponsors or BIG event fees, even if you could get a weekend.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 AM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
and as Frank says. have to start some place. Even to get a date for many tracks are not easy.

Weekend rates are WAY too prohibitive, with out MAJOR event sponsors or BIG event fees, even if you could get a weekend.
Sorry I have to miss this one by I have a real good excuse this time--multiple home settlements & moving activities that week and the first is the 20th.

But weekdays are nice for some of us because we don't have to be away from the kids for a prolonged period. You don't see them as much during the week normally because of work so it's almost the same w/ track event if it's local and you can be home at 7pm each night.

Andy
Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
cgh1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I want the drivers meeting to look like this at NJMP ~ SRO!!

Last edited by cgh1; 07-08-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: attempting to get photo to show...
Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AU N EGL

Credit and thanks to Tom, Roc, Frank G, Chuck H. for risking this event. NJMP doesn't yet have the following of established tracks like VIR and it took courage to introduce NJMP to the NCM drivers. If people like it, word of mouth will attract more drivers if the track is scheduled again. The timing wasn't ideal this soon after VIR, but there are a lot of drivers in the northeast who complain VIR is a road too far. Where are they? And getting track time at any track is difficult; anyone want to run NJ in January when there is more availability? Some drivers have told me that their vacation time is limited and open weekdays are scarce. Times are tough for many folks and some spouses argue that track time is not an essential expenditure. ?? So make it if you can, support NCM's initiative in any case and hope NCM continues the HPDE program.

Get notified of new replies

To NCM NJMP July 19 - 21 Who's coming?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:52 PM
C5 XTC
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Credit and thanks to Tom, Roc, Frank G, Chuck H. for risking this event. NJMP doesn't yet have the following of established tracks like VIR and it took courage to introduce NJMP to the NCM drivers. If people like it, word of mouth will attract more drivers if the track is scheduled again. The timing wasn't ideal this soon after VIR, but there are a lot of drivers in the northeast who complain VIR is a road too far. Where are they? And getting track time at any track is difficult; anyone want to run NJ in January when there is more availability? Some drivers have told me that their vacation time is limited and open weekdays are scarce. Times are tough for many folks and some spouses argue that track time is not an essential expenditure. ?? So make it if you can, support NCM's initiative in any case and hope NCM continues the HPDE program.
I'll be there parked next to my silver tongued devil friend Art. He is one bad a$$ in his new track car. Always fun to see familiar faces. Chuck Hawk, as has been said, is one great classroom instructor. Gotta get the car ready this weekend. Hope the weather holds. See y'all in 11 days.
C5 XTC
Old 07-10-2009, 08:27 AM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Tom,
I understand there will be three run groups: Novice, Intermediate and Mike & Frank.
Will the VIR Dress Code of short sleeve shirts be allowed?
Thnx,
Art
Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Tom,
I understand there will be three run groups: Novice, Intermediate and Mike & Frank.
Will the VIR Dress Code of short sleeve shirts be allowed?
Thnx,
Art
Long pants, short sleeves, closed toe shoes are the uniform of the day. Driving suits optional.

Frank Gonzalez

Quick Reply: NCM NJMP July 19 - 21 Who's coming?