Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new video and data acquisition system - race keeper

Old 07-03-2009, 03:19 PM
2MCHPWR
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Default new video and data acquisition system - race keeper

have any of you guys seen this product yet?
It seems like a better system than traqmate/chase cam combo.
It has an OBDII port hookup which is very cool!
and can control 4 cameras. And the cameras are higher res than tq/cc.

I had a demo on it and loved the software; way easier to use than traqmate. The data and video are always synched up which is something that the traqmate gave me issues with.
Any others using it? The only issue I see is no in car display but that should be released after september.

its called race-keeper. there are a bunch of vids of it on you-tube.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:05 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR
And the cameras are higher res than tq/cc.
not according to their specs.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:15 PM
2MCHPWR
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

chasecam says 520 line bullet camera, and race-keeper says 550 line for add'l $30.
Pretty close I guess.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:07 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

520 and 550 are actually the same thing
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Bahnzii
Racer

How well do the camera's do with vibration??

I have tried some nice hi-def (1080p) cameras and they all seem to suffer from various levels of jitter (image stabilization on and off) and that is using a window mount that is very secure and rigid.

I assume your cameras record at standard NTSC resolution (720x480)?

How are the mic pickups? Will the wind over power them? Any inputs to accept a remote microphone?

Cheers
Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 AM
hotC5fever
5th Gear

Default Skip.

I had a demo on it and loved the software; way easier to use than traqmate. The data and video are always synched up which is something that the traqmate gave me issues with.
Any others using it? The only issue I see is no in car display but that should be released after september.

I asked about this group while at VIR, and I was told they had a system on a ride at an amusement park, and burned it to the ground! One of the guys at the track basically lost at the park his job becuase of the deal. They also had some legal issues.

Another one of the guys had been to the BMW driving program in SC, and the cameras kept falling down.

The Chasecam system has a new application for data, and has proven to be a good system, with a dependable group that has been around fro some time.

I'd rather stick with a known than some fly by night outfit.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:19 PM
hotC5fever
5th Gear

Default Take a chill pill.

I just repeated what I was told, but some guys that had been around for some time. The person who put their efforts into getting on a ride, lost his job becuase of the fire, and does not have anything nice to say about the company. The fact they owed others money, and have several names in the past an aborted launches...well, that says a lot.

I'll stick with the name brands. Chasecam had a lot of issues when they started, but they have a nice product, support, and have remained stable for some time.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:43 PM
TriOne
5th Gear

Craig - "I just repeated what I was told" can you get you into a heap of legal trouble - I'd be careful using hearsay to make a point. If you have direct knowledge, then state it. I was there, I know what happened, it's contrary to what you "heard."

With regards to "owing money," I recommend that you take your own medicine: a "chill pill." You have no idea about our financial situation (we're privately held) and it "says a lot" that our vendors continue to work closely with us.

"Aborted launches?" Again, no idea what you're talking about but again, just having "repeated what you are told" is a dangerous course of action. If I told you the earth was flat, I guess you'd "repeat what you are told." I recommend that you think for yourself.

Chasecam makes a fine product, I applaud your decision to stick with it. I know what our customers (name brands = BMW, Audi, Porsche NA, Porsche GB, Porsche Germany, Formula 2) want in a video data solution: a single box for video and data with a driver development software application that's easy to use. After all, they've been working with us and using Race-Keeper for 3+ years.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:50 AM
worldsaway
Racer

Is there a way to show data on the screen? I've seen something that showed a speedo/tach or something. I'm very "technically challenged" so I need the ADD version. Ed
Old 08-08-2009, 11:05 AM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Looks like a nice system. The automagic data/video synchronization is a big plus IMHO over the Traqmate/Chasecam setup as I've met several folks with that setup that struggle with synchronization.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Bahnzii
Racer

Originally Posted by Xhead
OK, as circumstances now warrant, I guess I will officially introduce myself. My name is Steve Hoelscher from Trivinci maker of the Race-Keeper systems...
I did some reading on your site and watched some videos on various sites. I have to say I like the whole integrated aspect.

Is the GPS speed (4mhz) fast enough and accurate enough to get good track maps? Can the software import other map formats from say Racepak, if not, perhaps in the future?

Will you be able to offer a forum discount??

The ODB connector, will that grab the same data as say the Racepak G2X??

Maybe a package discount price including the ODB connector??

Old 08-09-2009, 09:41 AM
BennyBad
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

same as above and you can pm me any pricing and availability. is your odb reader compatible for the new generation of vipers also.

thanks
Old 08-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same as above, and I don't think it is Race-Keeper that needs to take a chill pill - they have been nothing but professional in all the posts and replies. It looks like a nice system and when I am ready to take the plunge I will definitely consider it.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:25 PM
johninar
Drifting

When I took the level two at Spring Mountain a while back, they had just put Race Keeper in a few cars. I was able to purchase a DVD of my driving. I must say I did not like the outcome. The camera that was focused on my feet was showing a very poor "heel and toe" procedure. Obviously a camera or recording issue....

It was a great tool. I really liked to review what I was doing, and see the track, the data logging and what I was doing with my feet. I really liked it.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Bahnzii
Racer

Originally Posted by Xhead
I can work something out for forum members. If you are interested PM me and I will send you the info.
Sent you a pm
Old 08-10-2009, 05:00 AM
worldsaway
Racer

I'd be interested in a forum special or something also. PM me. Ed
Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 PM
BennyBad
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

pm sent

Get notified of new replies

To new video and data acquisition system - race keeper

Old 08-12-2009, 02:52 PM
chopchop
Cruising

Default Skip.

These guys have bounced around up here a bit in NOVA. One of the guys who ran at Summit Point was one of their test drivers, but he went out a bought product from another source. Continued problems and multiple delays in getting the product out, and the owner being less than honest, had him go another relibale way.

I also touched base with an Atlantic guy, who runs the C2 class who had purchased, and returned a system due to issues.

Youtube shows little in the way of systems in wide use when compared to Chasecam, and others though the F2 footage is awesome. Given the high cost of the system, it seems to be a fit for pro teams.

I'd stick with a brand name.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 PM
TriOne
5th Gear

Chopped Liver -

You're obviously either a former disgruntled employee or you're a ChaseCam plant. Either way, you pretend to speak authoritatively about which you know nothing.

"Bounced around" = our offices are located in Northern VA.

Summit Pt - Name names, please. Otherwise, Jim Thill is our Summit Point test driver. He uses Race-Keeper and likes Race-Keeper. To the best of our knowledge, he uses Race-Keeper exclusively. But given your supposed knowledge of the Summit Point market, perhaps you can ask him directly, he's a top racer in the SSM series.

Continued problems - Again, don't speak about which you know nothing. Gen 1 Race-Keeper completed and deployed in 2006 at BMW, Porsche, Audi, RPDE, AMG, SRT - all of our customers signed multi-year contracts and they've all renewed or are in the process of renewing. Pretty good "brand names" which have signed long-term contracts with a bunch of "bounce arounds." Gen 2 released earlier this year, our first production run is sold out.

Atlantic guy - Name names, please. Hmm, you can't...why? Because we have had zero returns.

Funny, you make a lot of claims with no basis in reality and all of your comments are vague (I heard this, I heard that).

We respect companies that have built a brand in this market - we applaud them for their efforts. However, I would have guessed that someone with as much imagination as you would welcome a competitor to the market if only to keep the established brands improving.

Race-Keeper is superior and is eminently affordable (in fact, it's far less expensive than a 2-camera ChaseCam with Traqmate data). Race-Keeper is one system for video and data, automatically instantly sycnhronized.

If you have used our product and have comments about it, we'd love to hear them; otherwise, stop dealing in vague remarks about which you have heard or know nothing.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:42 PM
hotC5fever
5th Gear

Default Someone else with their panities in a bundle!

Originally Posted by TriOne
Craig - "I just repeated what I was told" can you get you into a heap of legal trouble - I'd be careful using hearsay to make a point. If you have direct knowledge, then state it. I was there, I know what happened, it's contrary to what you "heard."
The vert first thread asked any members if they "heard" of this company and product. As this is an open forum where members discuss their experiences and observations, we are actualloy quite free to discuss things openely. I have heard of the company from someone who was directly involved in the failed Thrill-Keeper system at a park. They did not have anything nice to say, especially about the main guy there, who he said is "whacked".

I'm sure you know more about the "legal" system, given the company's past leagal issues and problems. I only presented the facts by offering my feedback as asked by one of our members here.

There were other failed products, RK? something, that was at Sema one year. And, your own user forum would even make crickets feel lonely.

http://www.race-keeper.com/forum

I responded honestly to the first post. He/She can do what ever they want, but I think one should stick to companies that have been around for sometime, and actually have a customer base that can discuss the product and features.

http://www.chasecam.com/forum

PS. I do not work for chasecam, or any dealer that offers chasecam. I have used the system, and enjoy it and the people there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new video and data acquisition system - race keeper