Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Todd Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i racing

Anybody on here do the iracing? I signed up for it but have not set it up. I will when I actually have some time. What do you think of it, what wheel and pedal combo are you using? do you use your tv or computer? I am thinking of GX2 wheel and pedal with a race seat and a 51" hd tv. Had a chance to play it several times before signing up and it is the most realistic I have ever used. The C6R will be on line soon.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:15 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

A few of us just tried it at VIR this past few days.

Drove the Star Mazda.

have to look into it more
Old 07-01-2009, 12:17 PM
0DAVID@VASPEED
Former Vendor

I've spent some time on my firends setup and it is crazy. IMO you want at least a G25 or better wheel. The setup I used also had three monitors, 22" I believe. I would probably only use a single screen, a 42" or up lcd tv would work great. All in all it's a ton of fun and pretty good practice.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:34 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

I'm not into monthly fees for gaming, although it looks great
Old 07-01-2009, 12:59 PM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

Im getting pretty heavy into iRacing because I'm not authorized to do the real thing while I'm a flight school. Ive been using the Logitech DFGT wheel which is marketed as a PS3 wheel but will work on PC with drivers you can download from Logitech's website. The reason I went with the DFGT over the G25 is because I knew I was going to be buying a nice set of pedals anyways and IMO, the pedals are the main difference between the G25 and DFGT. There are some differences in the wheel, but I think the pedals are much more important to be consistent in game. I'm actually in the middle of building my own "pod" with the Corbeau seat I normally use at HPDEs which will eventually become a 3 monitor setup.

Last edited by WBHighwind; 07-01-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:41 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been running Solstice for a while. Been too busy to stay with it lately but really enjoy running the tracks that I'll probably never run on for real.

They do a very good job getting the tracks realistic. I've compared some to video of real tracks and they are damn close.

I think it is great if you are going to a new track (and they happen to have it). You can at least get a good idea of what the track looks like.

While I normally run time trials, I did mess around with race practice to see what it is like with other cars on the track. It freaks you out when you see a car go off in front of you and then it suddenly disappears (the user logs off).

Dale Jr races the oval tracks on iracing (not fair in my opinion). Their website says they get input from real racers.

They do updates, and their goal is to get cars to react as close to real cars - brake fade, tire wear, etc. In the advanced cars, you can set up your alignment and tire pressures.

Give it a try on month to month. If you don't like it, don't renew.

Get notified of new replies

To i racing

Quick Reply: i racing