Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air jacks

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:35 PM
djZ06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air jacks

Looking for info on products. Thinking about installing air jacks on a
on going project. Looking for best price and any vendors or feedback.
Ive come across the following;
Genesis- pricey
D2 Racing
AP racing
Ksport

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Old 06-20-2009, 02:36 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

how much do some of these cost? they would be nice at the track for sure
Old 06-20-2009, 07:42 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

here you go http://www.airjax.com/

ruff guess $2500-$3000 to do a car
Old 06-20-2009, 10:33 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
here you go http://www.airjax.com/

ruff guess $2500-$3000 to do a car
Good stuff!!! We have used these in a couple applications. Lots of hose and hose ends required just like anything else.

Randy
Old 06-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Lots of hose and hose ends required just like anything else.

Randy

This is more of a plumbing job than anything else.

Don't forget to add in the cost of a regulator and N bottles. Most systems require higher PSI than an air hose can deliver.

I well tell you this, you'll get over the expense the first time you use it.
With the 'stays' in place it sure beats jacks and jack-stands. It also allows you to lower the car without the fear of not fitting a jack underneath.

Check the weight of each system as well, they can vary.

Mike
The following users liked this post:
Cesar@TPS (01-11-2024)
Old 06-20-2009, 04:28 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Where do airjacks go on the C5Z. Any hints you guys could give I'd like to know. I was thinking behind the seats infront of the firewall for the rears, behind the firewall in the passenger footwell and infront of the firewall in that little dead zone ahead of the driver's footbox left of the pedals. Pictures would be great!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 PM
djZ06
Instructor

Good stuff!!! We have used these in a couple applications. Lots of hose and hose ends required just like anything else.

Randy
Randy are you a dealer for this product? What makes this one better than others? Yes Im aware of the plumbing issues. One thing Ive noticed through my searches is they dont mention timing on lift. Some companies have normal lift speed and for some extra bucks you can purchase a faster speed lift. I thought it was based onhow much cfm you plug into it.
JUST FOR THE JACKS most Ive seen have been under 2000.00 for 4 except for Genesis.
Do you have any minus feedback on the Airjax?
Dave
Old 06-20-2009, 10:49 PM
djZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Where do airjacks go on the C5Z. Any hints you guys could give I'd like to know. I was thinking behind the seats infront of the firewall for the rears, behind the firewall in the passenger footwell and infront of the firewall in that little dead zone ahead of the driver's footbox left of the pedals. Pictures would be great!
Sorry cant help on that one, I inguired on these to go into something a little different.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by djZ06
Randy are you a dealer for this product? What makes this one better than others? Yes Im aware of the plumbing issues. One thing Ive noticed through my searches is they dont mention timing on lift. Some companies have normal lift speed and for some extra bucks you can purchase a faster speed lift. I thought it was based onhow much cfm you plug into it.
JUST FOR THE JACKS most Ive seen have been under 2000.00 for 4 except for Genesis.
Dave
I am not a dealer, Leighton Reece is a local racer to us and that is how we got sent up with our first set. They worked as advertised and lifted the car pretty fast with 130 psi with a big air compressor. It really needs a N2 bottle to move fast. The lift time isn't as important as you would think, on a normal race car ( I don't know what you are doing this for). His website has a video which should show you the speed of the jacks.

We have used the Genius ones (I can get those at a discounted price) Airjacks, AP and one other. All of them worked very well and were a nice feature if you have to gain some weight (class rules)

Get Leighton a call, he is very busy racing. But one hell of a great guy to do business with.

Randy
Old 06-21-2009, 12:04 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by djZ06
Dave
Most people use a 55cuft nitrogen bottle which is at 2000psi regulated down to 300psi. That pops the cars right up. There is one good reason for not using shop air is that shop air usually has water in it and will help to foul the seals and wreck the smoothness of the clean seals on the bores. Later in the summer when I put my jacks in I'll post it up here
Old 06-21-2009, 11:40 AM
djZ06
Instructor

I am not a dealer, Leighton Reece is a local racer to us and that is how we got sent up with our first set. They worked as advertised and lifted the car pretty fast with 130 psi with a big air compressor. It really needs a N2 bottle to move fast. The lift time isn't as important as you would think, on a normal race car ( I don't know what you are doing this for). His website has a video which should show you the speed of the jacks.

We have used the Genius ones (I can get those at a discounted price) Airjacks, AP and one other. All of them worked very well and were a nice feature if you have to gain some weight (class rules)

Get Leighton a call, he is very busy racing. But one hell of a great guy to do business with.

Randy
Thanks for the reply,
I was planning on installing an N2 bottle in trunk area. I will try to contact Leighton. I would have to say that the cost factor is my main objective and ease of installing all the "plumbing"(its only there to lift the car!) They all seem to be pretty close weight wise.
If you care to PM me on some of the pricing you can get, please do.
Dave
Old 06-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Jaymz
Pro

You dont have to install the Nitrogen bottle in the car. Just keep it in the pits and have a long enogh hose that attaches to the car via a quick release.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:36 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Most people use a 55cuft nitrogen bottle which is at 2000psi regulated down to 300psi. That pops the cars right up. There is one good reason for not using shop air is that shop air usually has water in it and will help to foul the seals and wreck the smoothness of the clean seals on the bores. Later in the summer when I put my jacks in I'll post it up here
We were a body shop before a "tuner shop" Our air dryer works very well. If you have "wet" air, he brings up a good point.

Randy
Old 06-21-2009, 07:13 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

We were a body shop before a "tuner shop" Our air dryer works very well. If you have "wet" air, he brings up a good point.

Randy
Randy,

I am just a home garage diy'er. Can you recommend ways to get cheap dry air for preservation of airtools and a way to get cheap dry air to say paint a racecar fender at home? bleed water from bottom of tank, Filters good enough, dessicant traps, refrigerated dyers?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:46 AM
KBlanke
Drifting

Air jacks are one of the best things we did to our car, every time we go to the track we remember what it was like before we put them on. We went with the Airjax setup, Leighton was awsome to deal with. I met him at the 24 Hours of Daytona 2 years ago and asked him questions about his setup, he took the time to answer my questions and even demonstrate the airjacks on the GXP-R that they were running.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Randy,

I am just a home garage diy'er. Can you recommend ways to get cheap dry air for preservation of airtools and a way to get cheap dry air to say paint a racecar fender at home? bleed water from bottom of tank, Filters good enough, dessicant traps, refrigerated dyers?
To be honest, I suck at painting and related questions. I painted up my lawnmower by draining the bottom of the tank twice a day for a week. I have a maybe 2 quart size trap inline. It seemed to go pretty well unitl the runs This was done at home.

Randy
Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 PM
djZ06
Instructor

Thanks Randy on the referral!
I contacted Leighton this morning for info.
Dave

Get notified of new replies

To air jacks

Old 06-23-2009, 04:12 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know, why use air? In most cases, we don't need the car up in the air fast, just up. Would not an electrical actuator of some sort (I'm thinking motor home leveling devices?) work just as well? The main advantage I see to using an air system is weight, but if you powered the electrics off of external power, they might be easier on the pocket book. Have to research this.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:45 PM
KBlanke
Drifting

Originally Posted by yakisoba
You know, why use air? In most cases, we don't need the car up in the air fast, just up. Would not an electrical actuator of some sort (I'm thinking motor home leveling devices?) work just as well? The main advantage I see to using an air system is weight, but if you powered the electrics off of external power, they might be easier on the pocket book. Have to research this.
definitely because of weight
Old 06-23-2009, 05:50 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

think you need nitrogen. Oxygen or air does not have enough pressure to lift the car

Quick Reply: air jacks