Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What % underdrive pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:32 PM
GrantB
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default What % underdrive pulley?

Do people have good luck with on LSx motors? I've got a T1 PS pump, and am purchasing an aluminum ATI damper. They offer 10% and 25% UD. Does anyone know which works best with the LS2/3 water pump? I used a 25% ASP on my H/C LS1, and it seemed to work well, but my new motor is going to be making quite a bit more power.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by GrantB; 05-29-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:43 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I just did this. 10% underdrive. Its about 6.75" diameter and the a/c is the same. I also did the T1 pump with thier pulley, LS3 wp, and katech belt tensioner. After trying several belts that ATI suggested and then being told they don't know what belt really fits I discovered the stock length belt works. I am assuming the T1 pully is slightly larger than stock. A/C is a 410 belt.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:40 AM
GrantB
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trackboss
I just did this. 10% underdrive. Its about 6.75" diameter and the a/c is the same. I also did the T1 pump with thier pulley, LS3 wp, and katech belt tensioner. After trying several belts that ATI suggested and then being told they don't know what belt really fits I discovered the stock length belt works. I am assuming the T1 pully is slightly larger than stock. A/C is a 410 belt.
Thanks... I am just not sure what RPM range the LS3 water pumps work best in? You always hear about them cavitating at high RPMs, but I've never heard any hard numbers. I'd just try swapping out UD pulleys, but thats a bitch on C5s and as far as I know no one makes different size water pump pulleys.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:20 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Just ran it this past weekend and no issues with waterpump or otherwise.

Get notified of new replies

To What % underdrive pulley?

Quick Reply: What % underdrive pulley?