Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What NCCC classification is my C5?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Default What NCCC classification is my C5?

I just finished reading through the NCCC competition guide,n and my head hurts! I'm trying to give the NCCC another chance, and want to go to the Cowtown Corvette autocross out at Mineral Wells, TX in June.

My '00 FRC is modified as shown in my sig. I'll be running on stock sized wheels.

What is my car classification? I thought it was H, but surely something has to be modified due to the headers and/or tune. I can't figure it out for the life of me, though.

Help!

Mike
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Group 2 Class H. Headers and a tune are allowed in Group 2.
Para. 2.7.1.12. Exhaust -- Line 1 in the Matrix then move across the line to Group 2 where it says NA.

Para. 2.7.8 Engine --Line 76 in the Matrix where it says any Prom program allowed then move across the line to Group 2 where it says Y= Allowed but not required.

What you cannot have is an add on controller or sensor. If you aren't an NCCC member it really doesn't matter since you can run but won't be counted in their event summary results anyways so it doesn't matter what class you are in.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 05-22-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:58 AM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

2H

Actually, compared to the old rule book it's a lot easier to use now. The matrix allows you to scan certain sections, ie: Engine, and at a glance see what is allowed in the class you intend to run in.

The old book you had to read through paragraph after paragraph of details that didn't apply to you just to find the one or two things that did apply.

With the matrix, you look for the section that pertains to a mod you have done, and by looking at the columns it tells you what class that mod is allowed in. Takes a little time to work it out but once you "get it" it's pretty easy to use.

I plan on going to Mineral Wells next year. That place looks huge in the videos.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:59 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Bill and JWT,

Thanks for the help. My main problem was that I just didn't understand how to read the matrices. Even the short explanation you gave me helped a ton understanding how it's organized.

JWT, *when* you come out to MW give me a PM; it'd be great to find more Vettes out there. It'll be interesting to see how Cowtown sets up their course out there.

Have a good one,
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To What NCCC classification is my C5?

Quick Reply: What NCCC classification is my C5?