Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ran @ ORP in Indy This Past Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Default Ran @ ORP in Indy This Past Weekend

First time on it with a Corvette.

Have some video, but it isn't good. Angle isn't right, as I had just gotten a new camera (Aiptek 1080p) and didn't get it setup right.

Nice little track out at O'Reily Raceway park.

http://www.nhra.com/2007/images/indy/ORPWEEKE.JPG

1A and 2 are some bumpy *** turns!

The complex between turns 6-15 is a fun little series of turns.

Best times were in the mid 1.52s I think. Haven't went back and uploaded the traqmate stuff yet.

Running on Toyo R888s with an alignment by Dale Clark (TachitupMotorsports) and Hawk DTC70s. Pretty much stock other then safety equipment. Saw engine oils temps in the ~290 range.

Going to have to look at adding an Z06 oil cooler or something else.

Can you plumb the Z06 external cooler and leave the factory Z51 oil cooler that is inside the radiator or will I need to block it off?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

Rob, I just put a Z06 cooler in My Z51 this weekend. The lines are quick connects and premade to go from the block up to the front of the radiator stack. I sure you could splice in however it would be quite a job. the fittings on the hoses are the same so if yours would reach. you should be able to just move them over to the larger Z06 cooler.
all in all it was quite a job to fish the hose assembly into place and hook it up. although it seems to work well i'll really not know till after I go to Vir June 29& 30th

Quick Reply: Ran @ ORP in Indy This Past Weekend