Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Few Laps at PIR

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default A Few Laps at PIR

I haven't posted any of my track videos before so I thought I'd learn and try posting one. I'm new to PIR so I'm running HPDE 3 a few times before I jump into the Arizona Corvette Racers time trials. This was a dual BMWCCA/NASA event...a well attended, well run event with lots of nice, fast cars. Afternoon temps were in the 70s.

I had problems off-loading the previous day’s video to my laptop so I lost the test & tune sessions running with the faster cars. Here are some laps in HPDE 3 having fun chasing a modded C5 Z. The video is edited for time constraints and the quality sadly degrades with compression for the Interweb. I had the microphone muffled to cut wind noise. My thanks to all the Arizona Corvette Racers who made me feel right at home...it was a fun weekend!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:42 AM
muskaroxs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that is very similar to Gateway International speedway. By the way do you have a harness that you attached the camera to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjg_VYNnfYM

Last edited by muskaroxs; 03-13-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:16 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 834 Likes on 594 Posts

Woo-Hoo!!! Looks like good times were had!

Thanks Wayne - great video.

Your car looks STRONG and sounds AWESOME!!

It looks like they run the "wrong way" there, just like here at Daytona and in muskaroxs' video of PDX. I guess all these NASCAR venues with an infield road course all run the NASCAR way - counterclockwise.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To A Few Laps at PIR

Quick Reply: A Few Laps at PIR