Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CENDIV T1 2009 car counts

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default CENDIV T1 2009 car counts

Anyone have any idea how many cars we'll see in Cendiv this season?

Looks like two Blackhawk, the Sprints and the cat Nats make up our season.

I just started building a Spec Miata (this would be my 3rd one) and am realizing my heart is not in it and I want to go faster.

So speced out building a World Challenge STI, but that got to be way too much. With all these C5 T1's out there, maybe that's the way to go, but it would stink if there are no cars to race against. Thought about building my 06 C6 too, as that might be the car to have. But obviously I will have a lot more in it.

Anyway, if anyone has a handle on what we might expect this year, please share. We can do a role call to if you'd like.

thanks in advance!

Alex
Old 02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex,
Not sure how many T1 cars are in the division, but with Runoffs moving to Road America this year, the June Sprints and cat nationals are sure to be well attended. There are other alternatives you have to race in as well, NASA ST2, SCCA STO, TCC.

Any decision on your rollcage yet? Sounds like you are still deciding what to do. Better decide soon if you are still wanting to build something for this season.

Robert Finlayson
Performance AFX Motorsports
Old 02-20-2009, 03:09 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Nope still deciding where to race and if I go the route of T1, not sure if I should build my C6 or just get a C5 T1 car.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:38 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clubracer6
Nope still deciding where to race and if I go the route of T1, not sure if I should build my C6 or just get a C5 T1 car.
That's what I've been deciding between too. I get my mind made up to do a C5Z, then I get tempted by a C6... decisions, decisions
Old 02-20-2009, 07:52 PM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by goldeneagle_10
That's what I've been deciding between too. I get my mind made up to do a C5Z, then I get tempted by a C6... decisions, decisions
I just finished a C6 T1 car and it was more work compared to a C5 but in the long run it think it will be worth it. Headlight are a bit expensive to replace as they mount to the inner fender. Get a big glue gun.

John
Old 02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I looked at the results from the last season and CENDIV T1 attendance was pretty light. Sometimes 2 cars... Kind of a bummer and also a turn off from getting a T1 car. I wish there was a class where there was half the Spec Miata turn out, but much faster. GT1 had bigger turnouts!

Get notified of new replies

To CENDIV T1 2009 car counts

Quick Reply: CENDIV T1 2009 car counts