Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Road Racing Series and Race School (NARRA)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:54 PM
katzmeifucan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Road Racing Series and Race School (NARRA)

I am posting this for those who have a passion to track thier Corvettes on some of the most well known tracks in the country. The Series previously known as Viper Days has been purchased and officially anounced today that they are opening up the Series for Corvettes to run with the Vipers in the driving school and the race series. This Series has now changed hands and is called NARRA (North American Road Racing Association). Skip Thomas founder is and will still be around but The Series was purchased at the end of 2008 and is changing to open it's arena. With a board of directors and new management the Series is going to open up to other performance vehicles still maintaining the highest level of safety as a school to help teach the art of car control. It is the hopes that with the schedule (below) it might allow for some of our beloved Corvette Enthuisiasts and track rats to come out and learn to drive your car in a controlled environment the driving school or even the race group for the more experienced drivers at the events. The schedule was sent out yesterday and I have copied it for those who have an interest below.If you are not familiar with any of the tracks they are easily google accessible.
It has the same principals in the school with Instructors and different groups based on experience, but the Race Series will be working with well name venues to create a larger play ground. I will be happy to share the person to speak with if the schedule below looks as it will work with anyone's schedule.

Lastly the web site is live:http://www.narraonline.com

The person who is heading up the Series contact information below:

Kevin Williams
General Manager
North American Road Racing Association, LLC

Main (866) 736-2805 | Fax (866) 737-6427 | Mobile (817) 829-4671

2009 Schedule:

2009 SCHEDULE
Feb 20 – 22 Button Willow
Mar 27 - 29 Heartland Park
Apr 24-26 Sebring
May 15 – 17 Brainerd
June 5 – 7 Gingerman
July 10 – 12 Mosport
Aug 7 – 9 Putnam Park
Aug 28 – 30 TWS
Sep 25 -27 Roebling Road
Oct 23-25 Hallett
NARRA will run all three days of the event.

To register for the first event call Kevin. Hope to see lot's of you at the upcoming events.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:46 AM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Many of us know Skip & Courtney from Viper Days going back to 2001, when a bunch of us Z06'ers from Atlanta were invited to Viper Days @ VIR and we all had a wonderful time running with those Mighty Vipers.

We also were @ Sebring for the first Viper Days event a few years ago and look forward to you continuing the tradition that Skip established.

Best of Luck & welcome aboard.

Last edited by trumper Z06; 12-31-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:37 PM
katzmeifucan
Heel & Toe

Thanks our first event is at Button Willow in Ca. If you can let the folks in your circle know we are really excited about the Corvette joining us at all of the events, whether that be driving in the control instructed environment or with the Race Group please check out the new web site and come and play. Skip will be there as Grand Marshall.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:17 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

is this more wheel to wheel or HDPE events??
Old 01-04-2009, 07:31 PM
katzmeifucan
Heel & Toe

It is both, the Series offers now it's own Matrix for Corvettes and Also for Vipers. The Wheel to Wheel is open to Corvette and Dodge Vipers based on experience, the track is open Fridays all day test and tune, Saturday's Wheel to Wheel begins with practice session early, qualifying, race Saturday and then one more practice on Saturday. Then on Sunday the field has usually been inverted and the Wheel to Wheel one practice, race and then practice end of day.

HDPE - There are usually three run groups Green (Novice Instruction), White (Intermediate with Instruction), and then Red Group Instruction offered passing no limits, this is the group that runs based on timing. It is a great group and with it opening up to Corvettes it will make for a larger playing field, and from what I am told allows the Series to charge less based on Volume. $595 for the weekend includes dinner Saturday night.

The first event for Button Willow is open to all beginning Monday on their web site www.narraonline.com. I am driving the Yelow and Black Comp Coupe and welcome all to introduce themselves as I am hopeful that we can have you guys and gals come out and play with us in your new play ground.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I will see if I can round up some drivers for you. I have been to one Viper Days event and I really enjoyed the day.

You will miss me and the other 5-6 local T1 Corvette racers though as this Buttonwillow season opener conflicts with our National/Double Regional at WSIR.

There is an active group of hard core track day guys, time trialers and non-T1 racers that you might be able to attract. I will spread the word.

Fastest regards,

Oli
Old 01-04-2009, 07:56 PM
woosch
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was part of that group of vettes that headed up to VIR back a few years ago and have attended several Viper days events since, they have been the best run events I've attended!

Sorry to see VIR didn't make the schedule for this year but hope it will return in 2010.

Planning on attending Sebring and Roebling in my Viper!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by woosch
Sorry to see VIR didn't make the schedule for this year but hope it will return in 2010.
As I'll be moving to Northern VA this summer, I'd like to see this event come to VIR as well. Always good to have another venue to run my car at the track.

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Old 01-05-2009, 12:35 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Subdriver
As I'll be moving to Northern VA this summer, I'd like to see this event come to VIR as well. Always good to have another venue to run my car at the track.
Hey Brad,

Chin does VIR along with the NCM... 4 days back to back, over the week of 4th of July. The NCM guys (for the most part)
would be a little slow for you unless you want to instruct & hang out with a bunch of Vette owners. Chin has some fast cars & drivers... we've had Porsche Carrera GT's, racing 430 Ferrari's, along with Ford GT's and Porsche's that run ALMS GT2.

Glad to see you're coming back to the East Coast. Will you be doing SCCA T-1 this year?

Cya @ the track,

Trumper
Old 01-06-2009, 12:10 AM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by trumper Z06
Glad to see you're coming back to the East Coast. Will you be doing SCCA T-1 this year?
That's my goal. My last patrol is about to commence but I'll be back for the spring season here in the PNW. I hope to get in 4-6 races here before I move in late July. But, we'll see. I've thought I could do more races in the past year than I was able to do (which was only one). In any event, I'll be off sea duty in July, which is pretty firm at this point, and I'll be more able to manage my schedule.

Won't make the Chin event at VIR this July, but would love to come hang out there in the future.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 AM
katzmeifucan
Heel & Toe

Oli, It would be great to have you guys come out and join in a pretty unique and exlusive series. It will be nice to have two cars considered American Icons running together. I would appreciate your help spreading the word, my benefit is to have more folks on the track this year and for 2010 to be even better with VIR returning, and several other well known tracks that I wish was on this years schedule, Mid Ohio, Road America,only to name a few and there are several new tracks. Thanks Again for helping spread the word.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:54 AM
katzmeifucan
Heel & Toe

Registration opened www.narraonline.com

Get notified of new replies

To New Road Racing Series and Race School (NARRA)

Quick Reply: New Road Racing Series and Race School (NARRA)