Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holiday help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:00 AM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Holiday help

I own a small company with 8 employees.Every year at this time I host a holiday party for them.After having a nice meal and a couple of Christmas cocktails I would hand out a small cash bonus to them to show my appreciation.Three years ago my wife volunteered at the local soup kitchen.She came home and told me how great that it made her feel.I decided to add that to my little company's holiday events.I brought are group to the soup kitchen before are own holiday dinner.That evening all of my employees told me how much they had enjoyed working at the soup kitchen.The following year my employees started asking me early in the year if we could go back again and we did.That evening when I handed out the cash bonus.The employees made their own announcement.They wanted to donate their bonus to the charity.This year early on my employees started collecting money to add to their own bonus donations.They even came up with a couple of clever fund raisers.Now mind you I myself and the the people that work for me are not wealthy in fact far from it.Everyone of us are married and our spouses work as well like most others of you out there to make ends meet.And like the rest of our nation things are tough at our little business.But to a man they all said that there is always some one out there who needs it more than I do.And they all said that the feeling it gives them helping some one makes it all worth it.This year everyone brought their family with us.It truly is a great feeling.
We have all been in the paddock before and some one has needed to borrow a tool,a part or an extra hand.And like the rest of you we thought nothing of helping them out.Or maybe you were the person that needed the help.I know that I have had people lend me every thing from parts to the use of their car.That is just what we do.Now we all know of some thing or some one out there who could use a helping hand.A lot of people out there in need have never been in this situation before.Some are too proud to ask.Some are people that we have never met while some are fellow forum members.It is time to lend a hand.There is no greater gift.
Happy Holidays
Paul Z

Last edited by FASTZ; 12-23-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the nice post. Next year you and your 8 people should go into the soup kitchen a few weeks after the holidays. This is time of greater need. We have a couple great places to go and do something good!!!

Randy
Old 12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Thanks for the nice post. Next year you and your 8 people should go into the soup kitchen a few weeks after the holidays. This is time of greater need. We have a couple great places to go and do something good!!!

Randy
great idea

Get notified of new replies

To Holiday help

Quick Reply: Holiday help