Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belts

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 12:34 PM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Seat belts

Rewebbing or new seat belts any thoughts? I have a set of Simpsons in the car.It was raced exactly once but they are outdated
Old 12-20-2008, 02:06 PM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard that they no longer re-web harness. If you are doing DEs I do not think that most clubs check the date. But I could be wrong.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTZ
Rewebbing or new seat belts any thoughts? I have a set of Simpsons in the car.It was raced exactly once but they are outdated
I instruct for the PCA, BMW, etc clubs here at Portland. The PCA inspects harness dates and will make you comply. I had a Team Tech 6 point that would have been about $400 to replace with the new model. So I sent it to Crow Enterprises to be re webbed. Was only $100 and very quick service. I asked for some changes whcih were done for no extra charge.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by Joy of 6
I instruct for the PCA, BMW, etc clubs here at Portland. The PCA inspects harness dates and will make you comply. I had a Team Tech 6 point that would have been about $400 to replace with the new model. So I sent it to Crow Enterprises to be re webbed. Was only $100 and very quick service. I asked for some changes whcih were done for no extra charge.
This is happening more often now. Simpson no longer will reweb the hardware. When my Simpsons went out of date I switched to G-Force which can be rewebbed and were not all that expensive to begin with.

Bill
Old 12-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have G-force belts. When I sent them in to be re-webbed this past year, they just sent me all new belts.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:58 AM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess that since Simpson no longer rewebs their seat belts I will need new ones.Which ones are the best bang for the buck?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTZ
I guess that since Simpson no longer rewebs their seat belts I will need new ones.Which ones are the best bang for the buck?
I have two nice sets for sale "HERE"

Rewebbing at Crow is very reasonable. Check it out "CROW"

Get notified of new replies

To Seat belts

Quick Reply: Seat belts