Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newly designed One Piece brake pads by Carbotech

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:20 PM
CarbotechDanny
Supporting Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newly designed One Piece brake pads by Carbotech

We have finished our redesign of our C6 Z06 One Piece pad for the front and rear stock calipers (PBR Calipers). We were the first to release the padlets almost four years ago, and then we were the first to release the One Piece over a year ago. That design that we worked with GM on wasn't perfect. That's the same design you see other companies using now.

We set out to redesign the new One Piece all on our own. We wanted to make sure it was perfect and even more user friendly. This new design will drop right into the caliper and you don't have to take out the caliper pins or spring clips. The spring clips are critical in keeping the brake pad square to the rotor surface and ensuring that the pads slide smoothly along the pins. The spring clips also assist in reducing the noise inside the caliper.

This new one piece will make changing pads a lot faster and easier. The newly designed Carbotech One Piece will give longer pad life and a little more bite as well. We are molding the new One Piece pad just like we do with all the C6, C5, and C4 brake pads.

We are also using industry leading NRS technology. If you're not familiar with NRS technology it gives molded pads up to 8 times stronger sheer strength vs. conventional molded brake pads and riveted pads. NRS technology also helps in reducing noise and vibration of the brake pad inside the caliper as well as aiding in longer wearing pads. We use NRS technology on all C6 & C5 front and rear brake pads.

Here is a link to explain further what NRS technology is exactly: http://www.nrsbrakes.com

The new One Piece is available in ALL compounds and are in stock as of right now. All pre-orders will shipped first so please allow for up to seven business days before your order will ship.

Pricing is available on our website: ctbrakes.com

Please feel free to call/pm/post/email me with any questions or comments.
Mooresville, NC 28115
844-927-2537
danny@g-locbrakes.com
Old 12-17-2008, 07:22 PM
CarbotechDanny
Supporting Vendor

Default New One Piece pictures

Here is a link to some pictures of our new One Piece design:

http://picasaweb.google.com/carbotec...ePiecePad2008#
Old 12-17-2008, 07:26 PM
MA ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I noticed on your website that you must turn your rotors if you have used other pads and switch to these. Is that true even if I only used stock pads before?

John
Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 PM
CarbotechDanny
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by MA ZO6
I noticed on your website that you must turn your rotors if you have used other pads and switch to these. Is that true even if I only used stock pads before?

John
No, not if you have only used OEM brake pads. That is mainly for other high performance racing brake pads. Good question!
Old 12-17-2008, 07:38 PM
flink
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbotechDanny
No, not if you have only used OEM brake pads. That is mainly for other high performance racing brake pads. Good question!
Could you provide more details please? This is the reason why I
decided not to try carbotech race pads - my rotors are DTC-60 polluted
and I don't want to turn them.

Would using street pads for a few hundred miles sufficiently remove
the old compound? Could the rotors be sufficiently cleaned with
emery paper? What effects would be seen if the old material was
not sufficiently removed?

etc

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:55 PM
CarbotechDanny
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by flink
Could you provide more details please? This is the reason why I
decided not to try carbotech race pads - my rotors are DTC-60 polluted
and I don't want to turn them.

Would using street pads for a few hundred miles sufficiently remove
the old compound? Could the rotors be sufficiently cleaned with
emery paper? What effects would be seen if the old material was
not sufficiently removed?

etc

Thanks.
Yes, you can take some 60 grit sand paper/emery paper along with brake clean and clean up the rotors. You don't absolutely have to turn the rotors, just clean them up a little bit.

The reason is because Hawk and Carbotech use completely different materials in their compounds that are not compatible. If you do not do this then the result can lead to unusual vibrations (brake shudder) and the pads just will not slow down like there are designed to.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Awesome stuff guys. To be honest though, I've tested Hawks and the Carbos back to back with no cleaning of the rotors at all...and they performed flawlessley from start to finish.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:16 PM
VETTERACER11
Intermediate

Is it possible to install these new one piece pads into the caliper WITHOUT removing the caliper? Is there any way to install the one piece pads from the top of the caliper? I realize that would require the removal of the pins, but just curious if there is enough room to slide them in from the top and then re-install the pad pins.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by VETTERACER11
Is it possible to install these new one piece pads into the caliper WITHOUT removing the caliper? Is there any way to install the one piece pads from the top of the caliper? I realize that would require the removal of the pins, but just curious if there is enough room to slide them in from the top and then re-install the pad pins.
I dont think so.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Now ready to go pre- bedded an extra $20.00 an axle set will be the charge. Put them on and roll don't loose track time .
Old 11-07-2009, 12:23 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Q

I am running them on our 06 Vert, DBA one piece rotors, SS lines and brake ducts. XP10/8 compounds because I have used them on another car I use for solo, rare occasion street and TT and they are incredible at everything I throw at them and they have been wearing amazingly well.

They custom made the other cars pads for me, two different sets for different calipers I have used, ordered and received exceptionally quick, great service

I have not taken the vert to the track yet as have not finished the roll bar design but the pads as much as on the other car, not a great deal of dust(and not corrosive) for a comp capable pad. On rare occasion just a little nearly fully stopped squeal which will probably to away with a few more aggressive miles on them, perfect all around pad in my book.

THANKS for making such great pads!

Rick
Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Rick,

Thank you
Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

I ran the new 1 piece pads on my borrowed C6 Z06 calipers this weekend at the ARRC (Road Atlanta). They performed flawlessly!!! Great stuff guys!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by wtknght1
I ran the new 1 piece pads on my borrowed C6 Z06 calipers this weekend at the ARRC (Road Atlanta). They performed flawlessly!!! Great stuff guys!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

The rotors Chris used this weekend were a slightly used set of ours that had been run with PFC-05 pads. He ran them as is with no issues with the Carbotech pads.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ghoffman
The rotors Chris used this weekend were a slightly used set of ours that had been run with PFC-05 pads. He ran them as is with no issues with the Carbotech pads.
Yep, Gary was nice enough to loan me his set of Z06 calipers and these really slick/light 2-piece rotors of his. Carbotech sent me their 1-piece pad and I just simply bolted everything on and pounded on them. The brake pedal was just great, firm throughout the whole race!!

Thanks again Gary for the support!!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by ghoffman

Get notified of new replies

To Newly designed One Piece brake pads by Carbotech

Quick Reply: Newly designed One Piece brake pads by Carbotech