Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

President elect.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 01:41 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Default President elect.

No, not that president.

Me!

We had elections last night.

I'll be president of the Bay State Corvette Club next year
Old 12-11-2008, 01:42 PM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Mr. President,

My racing budget has hit a series of snags for next year. Please provide me a generous bailout.

Thanks
- Wally
Old 12-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
No, not that president.

Me!

We had elections last night.

I'll be president of the Bay State Corvette Club next year
Congratulations, Brian. I trust you'll get the same respect and admiration from your club members that I got as president of my club.

ps: Have fun, and keep posting track and engine updates.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Congratulations, Brian. ... I worked with Andy T, your Governor on your club renewals for NCCC ...
DennyM
RMD, East Region
Old 12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Thanks for the help

What's the deal on the Competition & Membership directors for the Northeast?
I'd like to help out otherwise they might merge the regions.

I sent Dick the following email.

-----Original Message-----
To: adenten@aol.com; neregionnccc@yahoo.com
Sent: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 5:17 pm
Subject: Re: NCCC Region Officer"s / important !!

Dick,
Any more news on this?

I'd really like to help out.
I've been an NCCC member for 10 years now

Brian Cunningham.

Sent: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:57 am
Subject: Fwd: NCCC Region Officer"s / important !!

Hi Everyone,

The Northeast Region of the NCCC is not very active in the larger picture of the NCCC. There are some strong clubs in New York. We are the only NCCC club in New England. Corvettes United use to be an NCCC member until they decided to drop all competition related events from their club offerings. If any of you are interested in running for one of these positions, please let Dick know ASAP.

Thanks,

Andy

Sent: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 4:21 pm
Subject: NCCC Region Officer"s / important !!

The NCCC Northeast Region has two opening's for officers available NOW. We must fill these positions and do it now or we will be in danger of being absorbed by another region of the NCCC. We would like to control our own direction and events etc., and need to act quickly with a Corvette Club minded couple of people. These are not positions with lots of responsibility or hard work, but are important regardless.

The person or persons accepting either of the positions ( outlined below ) will only be expected to perform as outlined in the NCCC handbook. Each officer is expected to attend at least two National meetings in St. Louis, the meetings are on a Friday night and Saturday morning. each officer is reimbursed according to the miles from their home. ( from Syracuse, NY officers receive a little over $400 each for the travel) So if 2 or 3 officers traveled together that would double or triple and any extra money would be used at their own discretion. Also any officer can choose a delegate to take his/her place at these meeting with a PROXY, and that person would receive the payment/

REGIONAL COMPETITION DIRECTOR (RCD) Receive sanction event applications, record them with national, and then accept event summaries from any sanction event and record and keep track of competition points. Also be available to mediate any protests or complaints. This is for sanction events only and as you know we don't have that many sanction events anymore.

REGIONAL MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR (RMD) Accept and record new NCCC membership applications, deposit and forward funds to NCCC. In the fall receive renewals from all the clubs, record renewals and forward the funds and information to the appropriate entity. Also responsible to send out welcome packet and pins to new members.

These are condensed summaries but basically that is the involvement required.

So please consider one of these positions and ask ALL your club members to consider a position and to nominate themselves for a position. If there is more than one person nominated we will have a quick election so we can get on with the region business. If there is only one person nominated that person will be elected automatically and begin the position immediately.........HELP the NCCC and your club with one of these prestigious positions.

REGIONAL EXECUTIVE (RE) Is currently filled ( if your interested in this let me know too)
REGIONAL SECRETARY . Position filled
TREASURER Position filled.

Sincerely

Dick DeSocio
RE Northeast Region NCCC
Old 12-11-2008, 07:51 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Brian ... got your PM and answered via email.

Denny
Old 12-11-2008, 08:10 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Got it
Thanks
Old 12-14-2008, 09:56 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Wow, glad I stepped up to the plate

Update

On a personal note, I would like to say how proud I am of the members of the club for stepping up to accept these club officer positions. As you all know, I am also in another Corvette club. Even though it is large (85 members) and active, nominations for club officers are open, and no one will run for President or Social Director. Spindle City on the North Shore, who has been around for 30 years, almost dissolved. A large club, no one wanted tor run for President. The club decided to re-organize itself by eliminating all officers, dues, and club sponsored functions. Instead, members who are interested in getting together will do so on their own, by contacting one another. Another large club, just west of us, is just getting back on its feet, after turmoil at the top.

Andy
Old 12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Brian,
Welcome to club worker status. I am in my second year as President of my club, was the NorthEast Region RCD for 4 years, and was the governor of my club for 7 or 8 years. If you want any information on Regional Officer jobs please PM me. I have spent many a night in long meetings in St. Louis.

Bill
President
Southern Tier Corvette Club
Old 12-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
Me!
Congratulations

Do you have a valid birth certificate ?

Get notified of new replies