Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPDE's in NW Ohio or SE Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:08 AM
dish01z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPDE's in NW Ohio or SE Michigan?

Just got my '01 Z. Now I have to put it away due to the white stuff outside but once it warms up again I'd like to look into the HPDE's to learn to drive this car better (first manual, RWD, hi perf car). Is anyone aware of any events that will be coming up in this area in 2009? I would be kind of surprised if MIS at least doesn't have something...

Thanks for your help guys (and girls)!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:45 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to see that you are going to be using your Vette for a good purpose.

Many of the HPDE groups have already posted their schedule, or like me, are currently working on it. I can tell you that our group has one event schedule for Saturday, April 25th at Gingerman in South Haven. I will also be posting events at Grattan, Waterford, Bluegrass, and Calabogie (Canada). Read through this section and you will see postings by some of the other groups as well. I find that more of the events are listed in this forum than in the events section, so keep your eyes open. I'm sure others will check in as well.

As for MIS, I know we tried to book a track day with them and they killed the idea because of insurance considerations. I think they stay with very large groups/organizations. They do usually have a Corvettes and MIS day every year, but I think this is more on the oval.

Ken
3 ***** Racing
Old 12-09-2008, 09:33 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Every year I put together a list of HPDE's in the Midwest and post it on Great Lakes page as well as here in Autocrossing & Road Racing. They will post it at the top of the page as a Sticky once I get it started. I typically don't start until February since the earliest events start in late March and some of the orgaizers are still working out the details of some of there events. Check back and you will see quite a long list of events to choose from. It won't be a matter of finding events, more like choosing from which events to go to.
Joel

Last edited by 96CollectorSport; 12-09-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:23 AM
dish01z06
Advanced

Hey guys, thanks for the great replies! I will keep my eyes open ove the next couple months.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Feffman
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

We (www.MVPTrackTime.com) will be at Mid Ohio the weekend of October 17-18, 2009 as well as the rest of our 2009 schedule. All are welcome.

Feff
Old 12-10-2008, 03:15 PM
OzCop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OVR PCA will have their annual HPDE/driving school at Mid Ohio the third weekend in April. Two day, Sat/Sun unless you are an instructor. Friday is fun day for instructors...
Old 12-11-2008, 09:22 PM
levettegrl
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran

sounds like Mid Ohio Race Car Course will be your 'home' track huh?

you can also check out www.trackschedule.com, click on 'calendar'.

Last edited by levettegrl; 12-11-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To HPDE's in NW Ohio or SE Michigan?

Quick Reply: HPDE's in NW Ohio or SE Michigan?