Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Race car for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:55 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C4 Race car for sale

I listed my C4 on E bay if you are looking for a race car.

item #280309327688

PRICE REDUCED to $15000.00 and I will include two sets of Spare wheels and all the spare misc parts I have in the garage.

Here is the text from the listing.

TCC Corvette race car. SCCA/MCSCC/NASA

The car was built by DJ Racing and I have owned the car since 1999. The car has a title but is not street legal. It has current SCCA and Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs log books. This is a full race car, professionally built and well maintained. It was featured in Grassroots Motorsports Magazine and has been on the cover of the Mid-America catalog. It is not a warmed over street car with a cage. It is built for the track with all of the extras a real race car needs. The safety of a full cage, race seats, Fuel Cell and fire suppression. Acusump, large radiator and separate oil cooler for engine life and reliable racing. Built racing motor for horsepower, torque and reliability. This car is a front running Touring Challenge for Corvettes car and will make a good car to stay in the Touring Challenge for Corvettes, SCCA ITE or BP classes along with NASA wheel to wheel and time trial classes. It would also make a very safe, reliable and cheap dedicated track car for HPDE.

- Safety:
Full cage
Rear cage extension ties into frame and creates fuel cell cradle and rear bumper
22 gallon fuel cell with dual in tank high volume fuel pumps.
On board fire suppression with in cabin and fuel cell nozzle
Kill Switch
Tow Hooks Front and Rear

- Body:
91 body panels
Custom paint and graphics
The numbers and lettering are all vinyl and are easy to remove
Front and rear lexan windshields
Fiberglass roof panel
Custom interior door panels
Front headlights removed and blank covers mounted
Front and rear turn signals removed and blanked.
The car is fully lightened and is under 2800 lbs.

- Interior:
Fully gutted retaining only the dash pad and dash frame
Dash is custom aluminum with full set of digital gauges and warming lights
Custom center dash with digital speedo and tach for video
Custom camera mount on the roll cage.
Cobra racing seats both for driver and passenger

- Engine:
L98 with ported upper and lower plenum
fully ported heads
Stainless pro-flow valves
General kinetics springs
Crane 1.5 roller rockers
Dual timing chain
Under drive pulley
Custom belt tensioner
full length headers
3 inch exhaust
Weisco forged pistons
Custom cam
Taylor spiro pro wires
Painless wiring harness
High volume oil pump
Acusump 3 qt accumulator
Custom oil breather and catch can
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

- Cooling:
Custom Ron Davis radiator with trans cooler
Separate oil cooler with aeroquip hose and fittings

Suspension:
30 mm solid front sway bar
24 mm adjustable rear sway bar
Poly sway bar mounts
Lowered front and rear spring mounts
Koni adjustable shocks
Heim Joint adjustable rear camber bars

Brakes
Fronts, Wilwood 4 Piston
Braided brake lines
Dual front brake ducts
In cockpit brake bias adjuster

The car is very well sorted and professionally built. The motor is new and has no races on it. I have enjoyed racing this car but have moved to D Sports racing and its time to sell the Corvette

Last edited by MAC95 6SPD; 02-02-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Price Change
Old 12-07-2008, 12:43 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Here are some pics.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-08-2008, 09:08 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

I really really like this car. One reason I like it so much is because Danny built it. I'l list it on my blog this morning.

Richard Newton
101 Projects for Your Corvette 1984-1996

Last edited by rfn026; 12-08-2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: link problems
Old 12-10-2008, 02:18 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Richard, Thanks for listing it and the nice editorial.

A few people have asked for pics of the rear frame. So I loaded the pics on photobucket and here is the link http://s375.photobucket.com/albums/o...cing/Corvette/
Mat
Old 12-11-2008, 10:04 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Mat,

I'm surprised you have Wilwood calipers. Danny is really big on stock Corvette brakes. He loves stopping faster with his stock calipers than the guys with the big Brembo and Alcon packages.

Two things I've learned from Danny:

Stock Calipers work really well if you know what you're doing

It's all about torque - horsepower is just for bragging rights

Richard Newton
Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

The stock calipers do work well when set up correctly and I ran for many years on them. The TCC allowed the upgrade and for me it was a cost deal. The pads are thicker and last much longer, they are also available in more compounds and are cheaper even for the same compound. Near the end of the J55 set up pads were costing over $200 and lasting one event. The pads on the wilwoods were $120 and lasted a few weekends.
Once I started to run them I also realized they were better in the heat and for the duration of the race than the thinner stock pads.

Mat
Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

I listed a C4 Morrison clone today. The seller doesn't tell us much about the car but i would love to know who has the molds for the Morrison body panels.

Richard Newton
Old 01-17-2009, 09:10 PM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Richard,
I know who owns the Morrison molds and 2 or maybe all 3 of the Morrison Snakeskinner cars. PM me for the information, I am not sure he would want this info out to the public.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Brett Richmond
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The owner would not want his information out in the public I would think, now the wing on the clone is from the mold of the original race car. The owner of the Morrison cars help out this guy because his car didn't have the wing to go with the rest of the bodywork.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:04 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Default Relisted

I have relisted the car on Ebay for $15000 and will include the spares. E-mail me MACRacing24 at Yahoo dot com if you are interested.

Mat
Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

It's been all drag racers lately. I finally found a track day C4 that's really cheap. The owner doesn't tell use much about the car but for $6,500 how much do you need to know? It runs and it's got a 6-speed. You can always take the Greenwood c*ap off the car. Oh - you like it? Sorry about that.

Richard Newton
Corvette Race Car Files - Over 150 Corvette Race Cars
Corvette Race Car Community
Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 AM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Its amaizing to see how low the price has dropped on race cars / track cars in general.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

I'm watching nice race cars go on eBay four or five times. The owners just keep listing them and never get any bids. It's a bad market. I think the problem is how much money it costs to run a car these days.

A group of us were comparing expenses at Sebring a few weeks back. A track day is going to cost you a thousand dollars a day when you start adding it all up. A track day!

Run five or six times a year and you may be hitting the food budget. At the very least you're cutting into the family vacation fund.

Richard Newton
Race Cars 360
Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

I track my racing expense very closely and the corvette cost around $1000 a day to be at the track. The D-car is a little cheeper at 700 to 800 per day. So its an expense not a lot of people want right now.

Combine that with a pure race car or pure track car and you have the expense of a trailer and tow rig to add to the cost of the car. The trend for a few years has been away from W2W racing to HPDE and things like NASA TT and I would say dual purpose vehicles and being able to drive to the track is pushing things that way.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:52 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

I agree that the future seems to be in dual purpose cars. A friend of mine runs a 996 Porsche. He drives to the track in air conditioned comfort and has his day of fun. You can do the same thing in a C5 or C6.

The first modification you make is the start of a long slippery slope. The final blow is when you put a dam*n cage in a really nice street car. Now you no longer have a street car. You need a truck and trailer. The budget is shot to h*ll and your wife starts to call it "that car".

Richard Newton
Race Cars 360
Old 05-01-2009, 04:38 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

I know exactly the "that car" title. I started in a stock C4 and now have two race cars in the garage. My wife's street car sat out all winter because of it. Not that I want two race cars but thats the reality of it now.

I wonder also if the pendulum will swing back to single use cars over time, not just full on race cars but, track only and race cars. For two reasons, like you said we never seem to be happy with the cars performance and start modifying and soon enough its not street legal or safe on the street. The other reason is overall safety. I see very fast cars on the track and open passing with no safety beyond stock. So will we see rules in the future to add safety to the cars or slow the faster cars down. Either way making more track only cars.

Mat
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
It's been all drag racers lately. I finally found a track day C4 that's really cheap. The owner doesn't tell use much about the car but for $6,500 how much do you need to know? It runs and it's got a 6-speed. You can always take the Greenwood c*ap off the car. Oh - you like it? Sorry about that.
The engine is a 355 cid small block that is supposed to have 650 bhp, but we don’t know at what rpm. No torque figures are given for this engine. Neither do we know if it was an L98, LT1 or and LT5. It does say the car has Borla mufflers though.
WTF???!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:43 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Hey - all we can do is smile.

Richard Newton

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Race car for sale

Quick Reply: C4 Race car for sale