Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI Legal for ASP

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:27 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default CAI Legal for ASP

I know they are allowed since you can change everything in the intake up to the manifold (and port 1" into the heads), but some of the intakes out there require other modifications. The Vararam needs to have the fog light covers removed so their ducts can bolt in place and the Honker needs a hole cut in the radiator shroud. Does anyone know if these are legal in ASP? I know something like that Blackwing or Halltech would be fine but since you cannot perform unauthorized modifications to facilitate allowable mods, would these intakes not be legal? I've seen some people running them so I'm guessing there is an explanation I am just missing. Thanks
Old 11-22-2008, 06:19 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Vararam is ASP legal on a C5 or C5Z06......

On either , you do not have to modify the fan shrouhd to gain access to cold air, and the pieces that Varam supplies are factory C5 foglight plastic panel inserts that bolt into the rear of the front bumper cover. They are modified GM pieces , but the C5Z06 never had them installed due to the front screens..

Vararam is a plug and play for the C5......All of the others seem to modify something that is not an allowable modification.

Jr. Johnson's, David Lehman's and my car all have these and have been to Nationals many times..
Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Vararam is ASP legal on a C5 or C5Z06......

On either , you do not have to modify the fan shrouhd to gain access to cold air, and the pieces that Varam supplies are factory C5 foglight plastic panel inserts that bolt into the rear of the front bumper cover. They are modified GM pieces , but the C5Z06 never had them installed due to the front screens..

Vararam is a plug and play for the C5......All of the others seem to modify something that is not an allowable modification.

Jr. Johnson's, David Lehman's and my car all have these and have been to Nationals many times..
Great. Thanks for the quick reply. What filter do you all run in them at the track? I don't mean to beat a dead horse but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on which filter(s) work and since this will eventually be a track car, I'd like some advice from the guys that road race with it.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:13 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get the pleated K&N style filter that they make.....they make others but they are more of a drag race filter and are no where near dense enough to capture fine particles (ask me how I know )

Get notified of new replies

To CAI Legal for ASP

Quick Reply: CAI Legal for ASP