Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front brake ducts - should I put them back on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:22 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Front brake ducts - should I put them back on?

Car is coming from twinn intercooled supercharger to na. I can now put the brake ducts back on if I want. Is it worth $40 for the ducts or is the DRM $199 ducts a better investment. I try to track my car about once a month. Thoughts?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 265 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
Car is coming from twinn intercooled supercharger to na. I can now put the brake ducts back on if I want. Is it worth $40 for the ducts or is the DRM $199 ducts a better investment. I try to track my car about once a month. Thoughts?
you will need the originals as they mate to the DRM ducts and yes put them on the more cooling you have the longer things last, (mostly on track) saves big bucks on pads and rotors as well as making sure they don't fade in the middle of a session
Old 11-12-2008, 04:11 AM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
you will need the originals as they mate to the DRM ducts and yes put them on the more cooling you have the longer things last, (mostly on track) saves big bucks on pads and rotors as well as making sure they don't fade in the middle of a session
Old 11-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Independent1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ernien85
you will need the originals as they mate to the drm ducts and yes put them on the more cooling you have the longer things last, (mostly on track) saves big bucks on pads and rotors as well as making sure they don't fade in the middle of a session
^^+2
Old 11-12-2008, 10:27 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
X3

If you have any more questions please let me know. But with almost double the size, cooling is improved with our setup.

Randy
Old 11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey Johnny are you going to make Road ATL with NASA next month?

BTW - On the ducts, if you got em then use em.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:42 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Not making any RA. I didn't sign up for anything as I didn't know how long it would take to get my motor back together. I was able to get in the VIR solo for Dec 1st though. I just crossed the 800mi magical breakin threshold tonite. I finally punched it in 2nd gear - . There is a lot more tq down low than I am used to. Still acclerates good but not exactly like sc version.

I didn't have the ducts so I just bought some for $40. Hope to see you at the track soon.

Get notified of new replies

To Front brake ducts - should I put them back on?

Quick Reply: Front brake ducts - should I put them back on?