Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z-06 Camber settings Hoosier Tires??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 03:44 PM
alavette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z-06 Camber settings Hoosier Tires??

I recently had my car corner balance and the front end camber and tow set for track conditions. I have been running R-6 Hoosiers on OEM wheels. My camber was set to -2.0 and tow was less then .125. I am presently wearing the the fronts out on the inside of the tires after 3 track days, past the cord into the steel belts. My question is, Hoosier recommends that the R-6's need to run at -3.0 camber for the best wear results? This would seem to make the problem worst?? Does anyone have any input on this or sugestions to cure the problem. I have been varying the air pressure base on track conditions and temperature at the tracks. I have been running the fronts somewhere between 24 to 26 psi cold and allowing temp. to raise pressure somewhere between 6 to 8 psi. Car feels good at these pressures +/- 1 psi, but tire wear is not acceptable. Any comments/help will be appreciated.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alavette
I recently had my car corner balance and the front end camber and tow set for track conditions. I have been running R-6 Hoosiers on OEM wheels. My camber was set to -2.0 and tow was less then .125. I am presently wearing the the fronts out on the inside of the tires after 3 track days, past the cord into the steel belts. My question is, Hoosier recommends that the R-6's need to run at -3.0 camber for the best wear results? This would seem to make the problem worst?? Does anyone have any input on this or sugestions to cure the problem. I have been varying the air pressure base on track conditions and temperature at the tracks. I have been running the fronts somewhere between 24 to 26 psi cold and allowing temp. to raise pressure somewhere between 6 to 8 psi. Car feels good at these pressures +/- 1 psi, but tire wear is not acceptable. Any comments/help will be appreciated.

Is that 1/8 inch toe in or toe out???

Randy
Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Take a look at this Hoosier webpage:

http://www.hoosiertire.com/Tctips.htm

They are recommending 27 to 33 psi cold, with hot pressures 10 psi greater than that.

I recently ran about -2.5 degrees of camber in the front and the tires are worn uniformly across the tread.

I only had about -1.7 degrees on the rears and the outside shoulder is more scrubbed than the rest of the tread. I need to crank in the rear camber more for the next track sessions in a month.

Like Randy is asking, what exactly is your toe setting??

I run 1/16 toe-out in the front and 1/16 inch toe-in for the rear.

I think an 1/8 inch toe-out for the front and 1/8 inch toe-in for the rear would be acceptable for an aggressive track setup.

Bob
Old 11-11-2008, 09:05 AM
alavette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toe measurements

I made a type o on the front toe. The front toe is, left 0.00, right toe is -0.01. Rear toe is, left 0.12 and right is 0.12. My rear tires are wearing very well and seem to get a 2 for 1 wear rate out of them, 2 sets of fronts to 1 set of rear. Bob does your car feel good at the higher pressures? I have found that the car does not stick as good and mid way thru a session the rear end seems to start moving around a lot sooner then when I am on the lower pressures?

Thanks for the input
Old 11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by alavette
I made a type o on the front toe. The front toe is, left 0.00, right toe is -0.01. Rear toe is, left 0.12 and right is 0.12. My rear tires are wearing very well and seem to get a 2 for 1 wear rate out of them, 2 sets of fronts to 1 set of rear. Bob does your car feel good at the higher pressures? I have found that the car does not stick as good and mid way thru a session the rear end seems to start moving around a lot sooner then when I am on the lower pressures?

Thanks for the input
I was only doing about 25 minute sessions, but they seemed to work great at the pressures I was running.

I was starting out at 30 to 31 cold and the right side were getting up to about 38 to 39 hot, with the left side a couple psi less.

Daytona is not a real technical course. There are officially turns 1 through 7 in the infield, but there are really only 4 hard cornering turns, and then you hit the high-banked section, which creates its own tire problems (especially hard on the right side), and there's a chicane on the back straight to slow you down.

But, yes, they were working real well at those higher pressures when warmed up.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Z-06 Camber settings Hoosier Tires??

Quick Reply: Z-06 Camber settings Hoosier Tires??