Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIDEO: Autocrossing the T1 car

Old 11-03-2008, 07:43 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default VIDEO: Autocrossing the T1 car

It's been a full year since I made my move from autocross to road racing. Last weekend the Tennessee Region SCCA had an autocross that they held on the Nashville Superspeedway road course, so I thought I'd go. I threw some belts in the passenger side so my wife could ride along - her first time in the T1 car.

Man, running autocross after not doing it for a year was quite a feeling. I wasn't really nervous for my first run, but HOLY COW did it all happen fast. I was behind from the first cone all the way through the end! Due to the large turnout, we only got 4 runs and finally by the last run I had caught up a little bit.

We had a blast and it was a lot of fun to go out and slide around cones again - I may do another event before the year is out since I don't have any more races on my calendar!

Enjoy!

http://www.vimeo.com/2146467
Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I had alot of fun at this event. I meant to get over there and talk to ya, but my mechanic skills failed me. When they post the results up... it show that I still need to tighten the loose nut behind the wheel.

I hope to get another chance to run with you again someday.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:35 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Alright you cone trader!

Just kidding, I still like to blow the cobb webs off every once in awhile too buddy.

Aaron
Old 11-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

You know they say that if road racing were any harder, they'd call it autocross.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know everytime I see an Autocross event in a place other than Calfornia the course is alway pretty long and no where near as tight, I would like to see a more open configuration at one of our local events. Thanks for posting really cool
Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
ericstanley
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloaked
You know everytime I see an Autocross event in a place other than Calfornia the course is alway pretty long and no where near as tight, I would like to see a more open configuration at one of our local events. Thanks for posting really cool
+1 here

Even when the courses are designed to be bigger and faster, someone steps in and makes changes at the last minute to slow it down, siting "safety concerns." The fact is that the majority of the cars at the events I've been in are little Mazdas and Hondas that can't handle decent speeds (or maybe the drivers can't handle the speeds?), so the safety steward freaks out and makes last-minute changes to slow the course down.

On the flip side, can you imagine walking that course 3-4 times before the event started?

Last edited by ericstanley; 11-04-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:33 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by ericstanley
On the flip side, can you imagine walking that course 3-4 times before the event started?
As you might have been able to tell from my first run (which way do I go!!), I walked it only once - briskly - and that's it. Took me about 25 minutes!

This is an unusually long course for the Tennessee Region, and a little faster than normal too. But, in general, the guys out here do a good job of keeping the courses fast and fun!

Get notified of new replies

To VIDEO: Autocrossing the T1 car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VIDEO: Autocrossing the T1 car