Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBC YELLOWS and Centric Brake Disc Rotors installed.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:39 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default EBC YELLOWS and Centric Brake Disc Rotors installed.

So the Z needed some new brakes and I was on a budget. No need to overspend for fancy rotors... I ordered centric brake disc rotors from www.racepages.com great price and fast shipment. GREAT QUALITY ROTOR. Also got the new 1793 yellow compound from EBC for front and back from Andy Freeman of EBC, thanks for your help .

I took it easy for first few miles as rotors and pads were new. After intitial easy driving and cooling off I did some hard stops. WOW these brakes work! I was very satisfied with the braking power from the pads. Definitely overpowered the stock abs and huge improvement over the oem zo6 pads. On hard braking the abs would jump in but there is definitely a feel before you get the abs to come on. This was on a street tire with some R tires it would be ideal. The initial bite is pretty much the same (already had plenty bite) because I am running oem style rotors (no slots or drilling). But after that, the more you brake the harder she will stop. I like that feel, as I dont want a very aggressive initial bite that will throw off the balance of the car. I did multiple high speed stops from 140+ and did not experience any fade. This is a street track car and I feel this pad choice is perfect, for me at least. Also when the pads are cold they still brake good, with some heat the braking gets MUCH better though. The pads do dust which is expected but the dust is soft powder which can be easily wiped off.

So far very happy with the setup.. will have more review after track day...

No problem putting passengers in the dashboard thats for sure!

some pics from camera phone...

REAR

FRONT

Last edited by CraZee ZO6; 11-03-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:43 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

love em..
Old 02-16-2009, 11:58 AM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

update.. alot more miles and still nothing but praise!
These pads are the perfect street/track pad. You can drive to the track and still not have fade and go deep.

Andy has my money for future pads.. and let me tell you the customer service is the way it should be everywhere! very few companies like this.. (ex, ebc, ccw..)
Old 02-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice. Keep us updated on them.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:47 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Guess the new ownership has really changd EBC around. I tried a set of the old GreenStuff pads and while they worked fine for the street and some low-speed autocrosss, they only lasted a part of a day at Portland Int'l Raceway.

The old pads seemed to be aimed at lighter weight cars and I recall that the Red Stuff pads were track only; you had to swap them out after a track day so you could drive home.

I'll be in the market for new pads this coming season so what EBC pads are the equivalent to the Hawk HPS and the HP+? May have to give EBC another try given the new owners and compounds.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:44 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Guess the new ownership has really changd EBC around. I tried a set of the old GreenStuff pads and while they worked fine for the street and some low-speed autocrosss, they only lasted a part of a day at Portland Int'l Raceway.

The old pads seemed to be aimed at lighter weight cars and I recall that the Red Stuff pads were track only; you had to swap them out after a track day so you could drive home.

I'll be in the market for new pads this coming season so what EBC pads are the equivalent to the Hawk HPS and the HP+? May have to give EBC another try given the new owners and compounds.
the greenstuff is a street OEM replacement pad, not a pad intended for track use, so thats why you had a problem. Try out the new DM1793 YELLOW compound you will not be dissapointed.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Independent1
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
update.. alot more miles and still nothing but praise!
These pads are the perfect street/track pad. You can drive to the track and still not have fade and go deep.

Andy has my money for future pads.. and let me tell you the customer service is the way it should be everywhere! very few companies like this.. (ex, ebc, ccw..)
^^How are the rotors holding up? Would you buy them again?

I have been thinking about buying some centric rotors and need to order soon.

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Independent1
^^How are the rotors holding up? Would you buy them again?

I have been thinking about buying some centric rotors and need to order soon.

Thanks.
look like new still!
these rotors are the secret among racers!
just go ahead and order them and be amazed at quality and the price you paid.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Independent1
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

look like new still!
these rotors are the secret among racers!
just go ahead and order them and be amazed at quality and the price you paid.
^^Thanks!

I owe you one.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:01 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by c4cruiser

I have driven eleven 20min sessions on EBC Reds and am very impressed with consistant performance and stopping power. These came on my car that I drive to-and-from the track. They squeal when cold but on track with heat they are quiet.

I am very interested in the EBC Yellows with this rotor combo, may be just what I am looking for
Old 02-17-2009, 05:38 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

the greenstuff is a street OEM replacement pad, not a pad intended for track use, so thats why you had a problem. Try out the new DM1793 YELLOW compound you will not be dissapointed.
Didn't the pad compounds change when EBC changed hands? The Greenstuff pads I used a few years ago were marketed as suitable for street use and autocross and the occasional track day. IIRC, it was originally an English company and their pads were popular in Europe.

At that same time, the Redstuff pads were marketed as track/race use only and the box said you had to pull the pads after an event as they were not suitable for street use.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 PM
D1SMOOTHOPERATOR
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the new yellows are the ****.. dust is not too bad.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:10 AM
r0nd3L
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm seriously thinking about these.

It's kind of hard to tell in the pic, but do you have pad clips that go on the caliper bracket?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

Location: Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.... DFW, TX
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

When I ran the EBC yellows on the street, they dusted like a ****. I now change them at the track.

Is the new compound lower dusting?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

The new EBC yellows are great for the track especially on the rear calipers, but they do take a beating on the front brakes given the weight and speed of our cars. Great pad if you're looking for a compromise between daily driving and HPDE road course fun! I definitely recommend them - great price, customer service and performance - excellent for HPDE 1, 2 and some 3 - depending how how late/hard you brake. I'll have to try their rotors next.

Last edited by Gray Ghost GS; 03-19-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:22 PM
DarkMastyr
Burning Brakes

I agree. The new EBC Yellows are a great pad for the introductory HPDE that can also be driven on the street without the noise of a dump truck typical of track pads.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
I have driven eleven 20min sessions on EBC Reds and am very impressed with consistant performance and stopping power. These came on my car that I drive to-and-from the track. They squeal when cold but on track with heat they are quiet.

I am very interested in the EBC Yellows with this rotor combo, may be just what I am looking for
After my old RED compounds finally wore down I replaced them with the new REDS...definetely NOT aggressive enough for track use IMO. With that said, ANDY with EBC was generous enough to send me a FREE SET of Yellows to try.

I changed my REDS to PF 01's at the track and I had my brakes back. I hope when I need pad replacement again the Yellows will perform as good as the more expensive PF 01's.

Get notified of new replies

To EBC YELLOWS and Centric Brake Disc Rotors installed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EBC YELLOWS and Centric Brake Disc Rotors installed.