Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worn Fron Hubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Worn Fron Hubs

I have an 02 Z with 40k on it. 6 years of track days. I am looking at replacing the front hubs as preventative maintenance but wondering if there are symptoms or noises or ???? that might tell me that they really need to be replaced? I run street tires so there is not the added strain of R compound. They don't seem to be responding too diffrent than when the car was new. Thoughts????

thanks,

Ed
Old 11-01-2008, 03:40 PM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

6 years of track days equals a potential failure in the near future. if you are thinking about it then replace it. Use SKF bearings for replacement.

Mine is not bad yet but they have a lot of miles. Replacement is one of my winter projects.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joy of 6
I have an 02 Z with 40k on it. 6 years of track days. I am looking at replacing the front hubs as preventative maintenance but wondering if there are symptoms or noises or ???? that might tell me that they really need to be replaced? I run street tires so there is not the added strain of R compound. They don't seem to be responding too diffrent than when the car was new. Thoughts????

thanks,

Ed
you may feel free play and you will hear them growl on the corners when they are done. Fronts usually go first due to loads imposed. Depends on the tires you run and how hard you push along with the streets you run on. Mine were dead at high 30K but then it seems they just get eaten much faster after that due to tires and speed.

I see your running street tires so they may last a while longer. You could buy them now and take to the track incase you do need them. OITA to swap at the track if you don't have experience and tools with ya.

Last edited by John Shiels; 11-01-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Worn Fron Hubs

Quick Reply: Worn Fron Hubs