Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contingency has its perks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 03:54 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Contingency has its perks!

These arrived yesterday in the mail I will not have time to install them before the next event, but I cannot wait!!

Thanks Aaron, Josh and the rest of the crew at Pfadt!!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:03 PM
0JoshS
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor
Default Pfadt Contingency

Glad we could help feed the racing addiction!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bushings are awesome. Make sure you use a lot of lube with them. They're a PITA to install if you're using the torch method, but it's doable -- I did it with a torch and a bench vice. Please give feedback about the motor/trans mounts, both installation and end results!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gkmccready
The bushings are awesome. Make sure you use a lot of lube with them. They're a PITA to install if you're using the torch method, but it's doable -- I did it with a torch and a bench vice. Please give feedback about the motor/trans mounts, both installation and end results!
I'll post up what i think for sure! The car is a 98, and I'm 90% sure the mounts are the stockers so I cannot wait to replace them.

As for the A-arm bushings... yea, those are going to take some time for sure.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 PM
0JoshS
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08
Default Poly Bushing Install

Here is some tips and tricks that I have learned while installing these kits.

There is a trick to the front uppers. Place the outside aluminum pin into a vice. Grab the control arm and rotate 360 degrees. Then pull and work the control arm back and forth. They will work right out!

The rest... Get creative with the press and vice to push the old bushing out. Last resort, grab the torch and burn them out. This is messy and should be avoided if possible.

When installing the new poly again, get creative with the press and vise. Also, try pulling the bushing into the control arm using a long bolt, washers and nut. This works better on some of the thinner walled bushings.

Remember, to thoroughly lube the inside of the bushings and the outside of the pins.

As always, give me a call if you have any questions!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:26 PM
autoxer6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had luck with using dry ice to put bushings in on my 94 Camaro. I put the bushing in a bag with dry ice. Then torched the control arm to expand it. With the cold (therefore smaller) bushing and the hot (therefore expanded) control arm. The bushing just slid into place and then when the temp equalized it was a tight press fit!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshS
Glad we could help feed the racing addiction!
Josh, tell me about the Pfadt contingency program.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:12 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Falcon
All you need to know is its worth it...
Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 AM
0JoshS
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08
Default The Pfadt Contingency Program

Originally Posted by Falcon

I would be happy to!

First, you need to go to our website www.PfadtRacing.com and sign up for the program under Pfadt Race Team. To start the program costs $75 but you instantly get $50 in Pfadt Cash. You will receive a Team Jersey, T-shirt, Team decal package, and eligibility to participate in the Pfadt Contingency Program.

The Pfadt Cash can be used towards the purchase of any item sold on our website. This includes not only Pfadt performance parts but also consumable items such as brake pads, fluids, wheel bearings, etc...

Now for the rewards. For every NASA event that you participate in (HPDE, Time Trial, Competition Racing) you will receive $25 Pfadt Cash. For all competition events you can receive more rewards by placing on the podium. You could receive up to $125 Pfadt Cash for a race weekend. See the full details on the website under Pfadt Race Team.

Remember that this program is also available if you are running HPDE events.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just put new Pfadt bushings in the arms of my track car a few weeks ago. The process was pretty easy with a press. I have a 20T Harbor Freight press, and it works well. Using a press, you can have all the old bushings out is a matter of minutes. The only issue is the uppers. The key to those is cutting off the large end of the bushing. A chop saw works great for this. Once you have cut off the large end of the bushing, you can press out the rest easily. The whole job took less then an hour. I highly recommend spending the $180 on a press.

Ken

Get notified of new replies

To Contingency has its perks!

Quick Reply: Contingency has its perks!