Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moates Burn 2 for Vista wont work

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Moates Burn 2 for Vista wont work

Moates Burn 2 dont work with Vista. Its a driver issue. Whats a quick fix to get it working?
Its works fine with my XP computer. Plug and play as it should be, but thats at work and Vista is at the house. Ive heard a few others with the same problem, but no answers yet.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:13 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1 MK
Moates Burn 2 dont work with Vista. Its a driver issue. Whats a quick fix to get it working?
Its works fine with my XP computer. Plug and play as it should be, but thats at work and Vista is at the house. Ive heard a few others with the same problem, but no answers yet.
Call Craig and ask him!
Old 10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

I got this reply that doesnt do me much good.
"Try installing the Vista-specific driver for VCP from www.ftdichip.com and see how that goes. It's for the BURN1? That's the FT232BM chipset.".
Ill try to call him tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:09 PM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a signd driver issue? I'm having that issue with HP tunners. The work around until they get signed is to boot your computer and press F8 (I just keep pressing it because not sure when to catch it), but it will present you with a list of choices on how to start windows. Choose disable signed driver enforcement. If this works, you will need to do this each time you want to use it.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:18 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MattB
Is it a signd driver issue? I'm having that issue with HP tunners. The work around until they get signed is to boot your computer and press F8 (I just keep pressing it because not sure when to catch it), but it will present you with a list of choices on how to start windows. Choose disable signed driver enforcement. If this works, you will need to do this each time you want to use it.
Im not a computer wiz, so Im not sure if its a signed driver issue. Ill investigate your sugestion.

The strange part is, when I plug the Burn 1 into the USB port, it doenst even show in the "my computer" list of ports. I cant even get to manually.

Moates last email stated "many are using Vista without issues". I cant see why I would have a problem.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:15 PM
rbl
Drifting

Im not a computer wiz, so Im not sure if its a signed driver issue. Ill investigate your sugestion.

The strange part is, when I plug the Burn 1 into the USB port, it doesn't even show in the "my computer" list of ports. I cant even get to manually.

Moates last email stated "many are using Vista without issues". I cant see why I would have a problem.

Without the driver it won't see the box.

Unplug the unit and install the drivers. Re-boot the machine. Then plug the Burn 1 into a good USB port and see if it finds it. This is pretty simple.

Then click on the burn SW and see if it is recognized.

The driver is here:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Old 10-21-2008, 03:49 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Ill try it again tonight.

Last edited by ZR1 MK; 10-21-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:07 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

The unit doesnt show a screen with the procedures to download the driver as described. I get nothing. Moates is not helpful. Guess I should return it.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:13 AM
rbl
Drifting

The unit doesnt show a screen with the procedures to download the driver as described. I get nothing. Moates is not helpful. Guess I should return it.
You probably should return it. If you can not install the driver (which only requires that you double click it) then you will never be able to use it and subsequently understand the hex addressing for your particular processor chip.

Keep in mind that you can easily trash stuff with it too ... it isn't a toy to experiment with. Be careful.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 AM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rbl
You probably should return it. If you can not install the driver (which only requires that you double click it) then you will never be able to use it and subsequently understand the hex addressing for your particular processor chip.

Keep in mind that you can easily trash stuff with it too ... it isn't a toy to experiment with. Be careful.
Its just seems odd that it works on my XP operating system computer at work and not my Vista operating system computer at the house.
Thanks for the help guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Moates Burn 2 for Vista wont work

Quick Reply: Moates Burn 2 for Vista wont work