Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB brackets to mount ST40 on rear

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:12 AM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Default WTB brackets to mount ST40 on rear

I have looked, called and can not find brackets to mount StopTech ST 40 calipers on a C6. If you have an extra one I will make them myself. I was shocked when I was told Stoptech will not sell the mounting bracket and I would have to buy a complete kit. I had these on a BMW and the calipers are still in great shape.

My only other option is to sell all of my Stoptech stuff and go with Wilwood who will sell mounting brackets when you change cars.

Right now I am still looking to buy the mounting brackets.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 PM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default brakes

John,
I don't have any to sell you but I could design/machine some for you if you can't find some. Let me know if I can help.
Robert Finlayson
Performance AFX Motorsports
630-844-0089
Old 10-21-2008, 04:04 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

they do that because they use different size pistons in every application, and there is a good chance your BMW calipers will not perform well (bias wise) on a Vette.

btw, the front and rear caliper mounting of the Vette is the same
Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 PM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
they do that because they use different size pistons in every application, and there is a good chance your BMW calipers will not perform well (bias wise) on a Vette.

btw, the front and rear caliper mounting of the Vette is the same
Thanks for the reply. The calipers are within 5% of the c6 recommended units and well within the master cylinder specs. I am sure that pad selection will cover the 5%. I could understand if they did not recommmend using the ST40 but it is my selection of the brake system I want to use. I can buy brackets from other brake suppliers all day long but this is the ONLY company that wants me to buy new everything. I have made up my mind that I will switch from Stoptech to another company just because of their policy. As a user I tried to find a dealer to buy parts from but they have a very poor list of dealers and most of them have nothing to do with corvettes and the ones that carry vette stuff tried to steer me away from stoptech.

I will design the mount myself and have it machined in our protype lab but it seems like a lot of work for something they could do. Again when I spoke with them their approch was to sell me new hardware, including replacing the ST60 I have for the front.

It is a shame as other then dealing with stoptech policy I did not have any problems with their product.

John
Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you contacted stoptech directly or only through dealers? I have some contacts there and may be able to put you in touch with someone who could possibly help.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:40 PM
StopTechX123
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

StopTech has never had the policy of not selling brackets only. Give one our dealers a call, and we can get you settled if you have gotten it taken care of already.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB brackets to mount ST40 on rear

Quick Reply: WTB brackets to mount ST40 on rear