Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Experience with Trailerworld in Bowling Green

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 06:55 PM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Bad Experience with Trailerworld in Bowling Green

I have never been one to complain too much with vendor experiences, but this one takes the cake.

I was recently negotiating to buy a very nice 2006 24' fully loaded enclosed trailer from Trailerworld in Bowling Green. After a long negotiation, they told me that their "bottom dollar" on the trailer was $17,000. I did not purchase the trailer that day, wanting to think it over for a few days.

I have been a customer of this vendor for several years, and have spent a lot of money on trailers, parts and service.

The next day, I was looking around ebay for a trailer, and happened to see the exact trailer being offered by Trailerworld. A bidder had sent them a question asking what their "reserve price" was for the trailer. The response from Trailerworld was $14,500.!!!

So, they were willing to sell the trailer on ebay to anyone in the country for $14,500., but for me, a local buyer and repeat customer, they wanted $17,000.!!! Is this crazy?

Of course, I will never buy another trailer from them.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:30 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by NVR2L8
I have never been one to complain too much with vendor experiences, but this one takes the cake.

I was recently negotiating to buy a very nice 2006 24' fully loaded enclosed trailer from Trailerworld in Bowling Green. After a long negotiation, they told me that their "bottom dollar" on the trailer was $17,000. I did not purchase the trailer that day, wanting to think it over for a few days.

I have been a customer of this vendor for several years, and have spent a lot of money on trailers, parts and service.

The next day, I was looking around ebay for a trailer, and happened to see the exact trailer being offered by Trailerworld. A bidder had sent them a question asking what their "reserve price" was for the trailer. The response from Trailerworld was $14,500.!!!

So, they were willing to sell the trailer on ebay to anyone in the country for $14,500., but for me, a local buyer and repeat customer, they wanted $17,000.!!! Is this crazy?

Of course, I will never buy another trailer from them.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Take it back to them and see what they say
Old 10-18-2008, 07:33 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Did you go back and ask about the eBay listing? While their "reserve" was $24.5K, I bet that they would have pulled the listing if nobody bid on it.

Is the VIN of the eBay trailer the same one as the trailer you were looking at? Maybe you should wait until the last few seconds of the listing, bid $14,501 and if they take it, just show up and tell the same person that handled your original negotiation that you are here to pick up your $14,501 trailer.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:43 PM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Did you go back and ask about the eBay listing? While their "reserve" was $24.5K, I bet that they would have pulled the listing if nobody bid on it.

Is the VIN of the eBay trailer the same one as the trailer you were looking at? Maybe you should wait until the last few seconds of the listing, bid $14,501 and if they take it, just show up and tell the same person that handled your original negotiation that you are here to pick up your $14,501 trailer.
Yes, I called them on the phone and told them that they were "busted", but the salesman just played dumb, and said that he did not have anything to do with internet sales. It was just BS though, because there is only one guy (the owner) who calls all the shots.

Yes, I am positive it was the same trailer. After I called them, they cancelled the ebay auction and told me that the trailer had already been sold. I am pretty sure that it was just more BS.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:10 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tough times is making many play all angles to survive.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 AM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
tough times is making many play all angles to survive.
I've been looking for an enclosed trailer for a while now. There are a couple of more or less local dealers so I can check them pretty easily. Depending on the day of the month and which sales person I talk to the prices are all over the place.

And if I take one that is sitting on the lot it's cheaper than one I spec out and have them build even though it's virtually the same trailer. That's of course because the longer it sits on the lot the more money they lose on it.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 AM
lbarnard
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is the way they treat customers better to find out before you buy! How would they be after the sale if you needed any warranty work or follow-up service! I think you did the right thing to pass.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by NVR2L8
Yes, I called them on the phone and told them that they were "busted", but the salesman just played dumb, and said that he did not have anything to do with internet sales. It was just BS though, because there is only one guy (the owner) who calls all the shots.

Yes, I am positive it was the same trailer. After I called them, they cancelled the ebay auction and told me that the trailer had already been sold. I am pretty sure that it was just more BS.
After being a long time customer as you had stated, it's pretty sad to see somebody treated that way. I would write a letter to the company owner and let him know what your experiences were with the sales guy and what you found on eBay along with the cancellation of the eBay sale.

Then make sure the letter states that you will be sending letters to both the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerece and the Better Business Bureau.

Get notified of new replies

To Bad Experience with Trailerworld in Bowling Green

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with Trailerworld in Bowling Green