Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJMP Messes

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:03 AM
turbo50mike
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 3 Posts

Default NJMP Messes

What a great day...Outstanding weather, and LOADS of track time. They only ran two groups - One bike group, and one car group.

Here's a couple vids... - I basically had to run the Porsche off the course since he was blowing oil all over. I know there were a couple forum members there, so I probably have you on video if you want it...(Hopefully not crashing or spinning off course )

Messes....

http://turbomike.net/Z06/Vids/NJMP/NJMP_Messes.wmv

And one lap chasing a turbo Porsche...

http://turbomike.net/Z06/Vids/NJMP/N...lt_One_Lap.wmv

Or the YouTube links...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmArLjo20Jg&fmt=18
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlR-URfs6uw&fmt=18
Old 10-17-2008, 11:36 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome day guys! I skipped every other session just to let the car cool down enough, and STILL got in something like 6 sessions. Just CRAZY amounts of track time. Definately a great club and good value. There were a couple cars on the track that were being a nuisance (blue Civic and white Acura), but beside that everyone was curtious and giving pount bye's and driving within their limit.

Early on, the Porsche guys were not so quick to give point bye's, but after the second session, they knew who was fast and provided point bye's in a timely fashion.

The forecast looked dismal, but the rain held off and I just can't say how much fun I had with everyone. The car ran good dispite my trashed bushing and I felt I really had the course down into a groove.

For the most part people stayed on the track. I came up on the Porsche that lost the oil after another car went off. I got sideways but managed to keep the car on the track.

I love NJMP...took me 30 minutes to get home!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
turbo50mike
Racer

Originally Posted by 95jersey

The forecast looked dismal, but the rain held off and I just can't say how much fun I had with everyone. The car ran good dispite my trashed bushing and I felt I really had the course down into a groove.

For the most part people stayed on the track. I came up on the Porsche that lost the oil after another car went off. I got sideways but managed to keep the car on the track.

I love NJMP...took me 30 minutes to get home!!!

I'll say you had great handle on the track, you were flying.

That silver Porsche was the WORST - he would park it in every turn, and I am literally ON HIS BUMPER, doesn't give a point by, but floors it and pulls a car on me every straight. Great, you have 600hp, but YOU CAN'T DRIVE!!! GIVE A F'ING POINT BY!!!! (He did do a little better later in the day, I only had to put my headlights on twice and 'high beam' him to get a point.)

The Blue Civic was bad, too. Me and the black Porsche were stuck right behind him second session for THREE laps. By the time the session was over, there were SIX cars behind him.

I was pissed, so when we got back to the pits, I said "Hey, dude. Do you EVER look in your mirrors?? You had SIX cars behind you!! Give us a point by!!"

But there is always a little bit of that with TT4C in the morning. If you can get past that, the rest of the day is well worth it considering all the track time we get.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:11 PM
MichelleTT4C
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! I'm glad you all had a good time!!

Next time someone is not giving a point by....let me know! You should know by now that I'm not shy...I'll give a talkin to whoever deserves it. We are all there to play and have fun. If someone is not playing nicely, I will take care it.

And Mike -- I now have you on video taking a pass without a signal...add that to the video of Jason cutting the grass....and I think I'm going to be getting a mighty nice foot massage and a pedicure. LMAO!!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:13 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Originally Posted by MichelleTT4C

And Mike -- I now have you on video taking a pass without a signal...add that to the video of Jason cutting the grass....and I think I'm going to be getting a mighty nice foot massage and a pedicure. LMAO!!
Hey...Wait a second...Where did I take a pass without a point by???
Old 10-17-2008, 05:20 PM
MichelleTT4C
Intermediate

Originally Posted by turbo50mike
Hey...Wait a second...Where did I take a pass without a point by???
The first video, after the black porsche fishtailed, about 20 secs in....OH SNAP!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Great video, Mike!

Was that a Porsche or the Exxon Valdez? The EPA could charge him with a felony for letting loose with that much oil!

It looked like you scared that Mustang right off track!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:25 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

The first video, after the black porsche fishtailed, about 20 secs in....OH SNAP!
No, if you look closely he is pointing with his right hand inside tha car (pointing to the right) - You will also hear me say "finally" because I had been on his tail for over a lap, and he never gave me a point (until of course he spun).

I'll be sure to pull off any bunions and warts before that massage.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:43 PM
MichelleTT4C
Intermediate

No, if you look closely he is pointing with his right hand inside tha car (pointing to the right) - You will also hear me say "finally" because I had been on his tail for over a lap, and he never gave me a point (until of course he spun).

I'll be sure to pull off any bunions and warts before that massage.
hmmm...sorry, don't really see it. but we'll call this one a draw since he shouldn't be pointing with his right hand. Shame on him.

And GROSS! I have pretty feet...you'll see.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:46 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

And GROSS! I have pretty feet...you'll see.
No, I won't! (but maybe Jay will)

And, yes, Falcon. He gave my car a nice oil bath as well.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:36 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Hold on, hold on! I was in the passenger seat this time when the Mustang went off! I repeat, I was not driving!

Man, I am getting the feeling that Michelle has it out for me lately!

Next time I am just going to bring my lawn tractor and ride alongside the track instead of on it.

Good day for sure.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:38 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Falcon
Great video, Mike!

Was that a Porsche or the Exxon Valdez? The EPA could charge him with a felony for letting loose with that much oil!

It looked like you scared that Mustang right off track!
I found it a little comical that the Porsche sh*t the bed just as I passed him (in the black Z). Good stuff.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:39 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fun videos to watch, right up until the smack talk about the Mustang. They are more competant cars than most realize and I think it's great when people bring them out. I get alot of that in my daily driver though, from other Vette guys, when I bring it to track days. The look is priceless when they cannot keep up with a Camaro SS.

Joe
Old 10-17-2008, 10:41 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Originally Posted by sleeper02Z06
Fun videos to watch, right up until the smack talk about the Mustang. They are more competant cars than most realize and I think it's great when people bring them out. I get alot of that in my daily driver though, from other Vette guys, when I bring it to track days. The look is priceless when they cannot keep up with a Camaro SS.

Joe

The owner of the Saleen is a very good friend of ours (mine and RUN4CVR), and we were only breaking his ***** - it was all in good fun, and he's a great guy. No ill will to the Mustangs - I owned two of them! Great cars!!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:49 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sleeper02Z06

Joe
I actually got to drive the Saleen for a session and honestly have to say it delivered more than I though it would. It has a good solid chassis, decent brakes (at least until the rear rotors disintegrated) and was super predictable. The gearing was a little wide, as I couldn't get enough tourqe on some of the slower sections but I think with a little more driving I could have figured that out too.

Bottom line was I think the Mustang is a great beginner/intermediate car, but when you really want to start kicking it the Vette is untouchable to the Stang.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:10 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The owner of the Saleen is a very good friend of ours (mine and RUN4CVR), and we were only breaking his ***** - it was all in good fun, and he's a great guy. No ill will to the Mustangs - I owned two of them! Great cars!!
Good deal! Next Friday I have sorta the same thing going, heading to Summit Point with a buddy who has a pretty heavily modded Subaru STI and i'm going to try to keep up in the relatively stock SS. It's been nothing but NOPI car vs. Mullet car for over 2 weeks!!

Joe
Old 10-17-2008, 11:17 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I drive an 07 Mustang on the track and totally agree with the above - it is a great beginner/intermediate car. Its stable, predictable, handles nicely (with a little aftermarket help) and has decent but not overwhelming power. But - its heavy (~3600 lbs) and has a stick axle rear end. Thats why I joined this forum, I'm looking about two years out, once I have ~30-40 track days, stepping up to a C5. For me right now (just started DEs this year) its the perfect car.

By the way, this is a awesome forum, far better track and AX info than is found on any Mustang forum.

Get notified of new replies

To NJMP Messes

Old 10-17-2008, 11:37 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Originally Posted by argonaut
I drive an 07 Mustang on the track and totally agree with the above - it is a great beginner/intermediate car. Its stable, predictable, handles nicely (with a little aftermarket help) and has decent but not overwhelming power. But - its heavy (~3600 lbs) and has a stick axle rear end. Thats why I joined this forum, I'm looking about two years out, once I have ~30-40 track days, stepping up to a C5. For me right now (just started DEs this year) its the perfect car.

By the way, this is a awesome forum, far better track and AX info than is found on any Mustang forum.
What do you for brakes? Are the rear discs enough with a good set of pads? And what have you done to improve the handling?
Old 10-18-2008, 01:03 AM
tmak26b
Burning Brakes

Cool, finally someone who ran a configuration similar to the one I ran. What was your best run? It looks like your car has unbelieveable grip, love how you can just turn the car will follow
Old 10-18-2008, 08:57 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

What do you for brakes? Are the rear discs enough with a good set of pads? And what have you done to improve the handling?
Stock calipers and rotors. Hawk HT-10 all around. SS lines and ATE Super Blue. Quantum brake ducts. I heat check the outside of the front rotors alot but have never experienced fade and am using R-Comps. The rears work well if you drive with the TCS off.

Handling: Eibach Pro springs, Tokico Adjustable dampers, -2 camber on the front.

Quick Reply: NJMP Messes