Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Z hits the track again.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
yardman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Z hits the track again.

Can't say enough about these DE events, other than they sure have got addicting! Anybody else have this problem?

Myself and Caspersz06 here on the board, along with track support from MTI Racing, had the opportunity this past weekend to run with the Smokey Mountain Porsche club at little talladega. I must say that it was a good group of folks to run with. Don't think i've ever seen so many porsche's in one place before. If anybody has a chance to run with these guys, you can't go wrong with them. Even though the vettes stood out, everybody was very socialable and came over to the trailers and conversed quite a bit. Good group

Got a little of the in car video up on the site now for everyones viewing pleasure. Check it out. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...the_191694.htm

Caspersz06 even got to feel what it's like to go around in a circle on the track http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...-20_191444.htm
Old 10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
sks
Instructor

thanks for the vids ,very entertaining. With much respect, I would enjoy them much if I could hear the engine, tires screeching, and brakes being applied.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:08 PM
yardman
Advanced

Originally Posted by sks
thanks for the vids ,very entertaining. With much respect, I would enjoy them much if I could hear the engine, tires screeching, and brakes being applied.
You may enjoy this then. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...the_187608.htm

Nothing but motor music. You won't hear to much tire screeching since I'm running the car on slicks now at the track, but enjoy.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 PM
sks
Instructor

Originally Posted by yardman
You may enjoy this then. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...the_187608.htm

Nothing but motor music. You won't hear to much tire screeching since I'm running the car on slicks now at the track, but enjoy.
I did see that one and enjoyed that one the most! What brakes and tires were you running, particularly in that video?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:45 AM
MYRX
Instructor

Good to see you at Rd. Atl a couple of weeks ago. Enjoyed your video. Seems like your getting plenty of track time. I could only manage 4 days thus far this year. I do plan to run the NASA event in Dec at Rd. Atl, how about you? Your "Z" is looking good.

Hope MTI keps me on their mailing list...
Old 10-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Now that's a video worth watching a few times.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:15 PM
yardman
Advanced

Originally Posted by sks
I did see that one and enjoyed that one the most! What brakes and tires were you running, particularly in that video?
The car has stainless lines on it and i'm running carbotech race pads at the track. Made the switch to slicks at barber last time and they are hoosier r6's, finished them off last weekend at Little Talladega, they probably won't make it thru another trackday. Have to order a new set now.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:26 PM
yardman
Advanced

Originally Posted by MYRX
Good to see you at Rd. Atl a couple of weeks ago. Enjoyed your video. Seems like your getting plenty of track time. I could only manage 4 days thus far this year. I do plan to run the NASA event in Dec at Rd. Atl, how about you? Your "Z" is looking good.

Hope MTI keps me on their mailing list...
Give MTI a call, it may be time for some mods I'll be running RA with chin the last weekend of november and i'm planning on doing the nasa event the following weekend. Hopefully it will go better than last time and won't have to ride around a whole session under yellow. Hopefully most of the sunday session will be in the afternoon, instead of two of them in the morning, that way I don't have to ride around in 4th and 5th in order to stay quite enough.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:06 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I say...very nice editing and sound...a lot of time and effort was put into this video!!!

Kudos!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:52 AM
MYRX
Instructor

Give MTI a call, it may be time for some mods I'll be running RA with chin the last weekend of november and i'm planning on doing the nasa event the following weekend. Hopefully it will go better than last time and won't have to ride around a whole session under yellow. Hopefully most of the sunday session will be in the afternoon, instead of two of them in the morning, that way I don't have to ride around in 4th and 5th in order to stay quite enough.
You are correct, it is about time for me to contact MTI. Setting up the suspension and changing brake pads will be my first priority.

I plan to run a PDX with the SCCA on Nov 9th at Road Atlanta. I will also be at the RA NASA event in Dec. I will look for you. I can't give up the last weekend of Nov. The deer hunting is too good at that time!

I would like to know what video camera you use. I need to get one installed.

Get notified of new replies

To The Z hits the track again.

Quick Reply: The Z hits the track again.