Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Addco 32mm front sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:03 AM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question on Addco 32mm front sway bar

I'm thinking about buying an Addco front sway bar for my Z06. One of my local friends has one that he's going to sell me. He says he has the bar and will give me the end links for it as well.

One of my buddies told me that I may have to have different bushings to make the bar fit since its larger than the stock one. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this bar and what they had to do to make it work and if any bushings work is needed to make it correct. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:03 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by goldeneagle_10
I'm thinking about buying an Addco front sway bar for my Z06. One of my local friends has one that he's going to sell me. He says he has the bar and will give me the end links for it as well.

One of my buddies told me that I may have to have different bushings to make the bar fit since its larger than the stock one. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this bar and what they had to do to make it work and if any bushings work is needed to make it correct. Thanks in advance.
YOU WILL NEED LARGER BUSHINGS
Old 10-12-2008, 09:22 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When he sells you the bar, get his bushings with it.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TedDBere
When he sells you the bar, get his bushings with it.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:56 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If he doesn't have the bushings for whatever reason VB&P (www.vbandp.com) can make you up a set in whatever size(s) you need. They've sent me a number of sets for different bars the last year or two.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

I now run the addco bars and poly bushings in everything. I did have to come off the more aggressive camber settings from -3 front/ -1.7 rear to something like -2.3/-1.3. These settings work very well now. Car is neutral and I now have much less tire chatter up front from slip angle. Those with stock rubber bushings may want the more aggressive angles.

Come on over to vettesport in Smyrna and let Dr. Onks set you up with the best alignment you have ever had.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ecklers sell the exact fit bushings for those bars. Do a search on their website.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 AM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by southern_son
I now run the addco bars and poly bushings in everything. I did have to come off the more aggressive camber settings from -3 front/ -1.7 rear to something like -2.3/-1.3. These settings work very well now. Car is neutral and I now have much less tire chatter up front from slip angle. Those with stock rubber bushings may want the more aggressive angles.

Come on over to vettesport in Smyrna and let Dr. Onks set you up with the best alignment you have ever had.

I've talked to Jerry before as I come over and run in their autoX region a few times this year. I do plan on letting him play with the allignment and see what he can do, but that will probably have to wait a little bit.

I'll see about this guy's bushings and just use his if he's got them, if not... I'll look up Ecklers. Thanks guys

Get notified of new replies

To Question on Addco 32mm front sway bar

Quick Reply: Question on Addco 32mm front sway bar