Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best specialty insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 PM
OKsweetrides
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Best specialty insurance?

Howdy,

I'm searching around for specialty insurance to stick my Z06 under.

Who all are yall using for insuring your highly modified/race cars?
Are they easy to work with?

I'm trying to gather opinions and experiences for what to do. The car only needs to be insured when garaged, trailered, and for the very few street miles it sees.

Thank you all for your input
Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Racer Buzz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Race Car & Race Team Insurance AGENT

Call me tomorrow at my insurance office and I'll get you a quote.

As an example I have my C5R insured with an Off-Course race car policy for a total value of $150,000.00. It covers my 2 race engines, a LS2 600HP $15K& a LS3 700HP $25k, my $30,000.00 Pace trailer, my $75,000.00 C5R chassis, $5k for spares, a golf cart and tools all for just $2,200 a year with a Replacement Cost Policy. You insure all items to the value it would cost to replace them and they will pay that value if there is a total loss on any or all items.

All items are covered while in storage (fire, theft & hurricanes, etc), while in-transit for fire & collisions, and for hurricanes. All items covered while in the trailer, in any shop, in the race track paddock area, just not while the race car is under its own power.
Call BUZZ
OFFICE # 954-583-5558

Last edited by Racer Buzz; 10-09-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 AM
sks
Instructor

What are the limitations on the policy. What if the car is street driven? Can it be a supplement to an existing policy?
Old 10-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Racer Buzz
Racer

It's considered an Off-Course Race Car / Race Team policy for race cars not for combo street/track cars. No coverage for the race car while under its own power. Mainly designed for 24/7 coverage for all kinds of issues including Transit & Storage related losses just like the big race car teams have on all their racing cars and equipment.
BUZZ
Old 10-10-2008, 11:37 AM
OKsweetrides
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you Racer Buzz,

I'll hopefully get some papers in order and give you a call today;

I'm on the fence however to move the car off of street registration. If I pick up a C6Z or another fun car here shortly (I'm vulturing the used car market); then definitely. If not, then I'll be looking for a policy that would allow limited street miles.

Get notified of new replies

To Best specialty insurance?

Quick Reply: Best specialty insurance?